Chapter 3

Athena's POV:
After we are fitted we all go to get wands as Hagrid mumbles something about going to get something. We walk into the shop and are met with hundreds upon hundreds of wands stacked messily one on top of another. "Hello?" Harry calls out into the seemingly empty shop.

A man rolls into our eyesight on a ladder and breaths out "Mr. Potter, Miss. Potter, and Mr. Black! What an honor to have you here. It seems just like yesterday when I was presenting your parents with their wands." We all watched him mutely and he then called Alex up first. After using a tape measure that was moving like a long yellow snake he flicked his wand and the tape measure dropped to the floor. He hurried to the back of his shop and came back moments later laden down with many long black boxes.

He set them on his desk and opens the first. "Oak, 12 and 1/4 inches, slightly springy, and a core of unicorn hair. Go on. Give it a wave." Alex flicks his wrist and the light just above my head explodes showering me with hot glass. Alex's eyes widen and he promptly puts the offending wand back in its box. The man doesn't look at all surprised. In fact he looks like he was happy that the light burst.

"Try this. Yew, 9 and 3/4 inches, unyielding, and a core of dragon heartstring." He says thoughtfully. Alex warily takes the smooth brown wand from the old mans hand and waves it carefully. A golden light engulfs Alex and the light is fixed. Alex smiles to himself and pays for his new wand. Next Harry is called forward. I roll my eyes because honestly has the old man forgotten his courtesy or are my brother and my friend more girly than I am? I giggle to myself and both boys glance at me strangely.

I don't pay attention to Harry's wand finding until a soft blue light breezes through my hair turning it a purplish black color. I stare in shock at the new color in my hair and shrug. Harry steps back and I eagerly step forward for my turn. I go through several wands before I start thinking this is hopeless. Then the old man decides something and goes to a glass case on the side of the room.

"This is a mix of your parents wands." He explains to me. I gasp softly and as I reach for the handle feel a tingling sensation go through my fingers as they make contact with the gleaming wood. Four lights burst out of the wands tip and fly around the room before reentering the wand. "Rosewood, 12 and 1/2 inches, unbreakable, with a mix of Phoenix hair and Phoenix feather for your core. This wand is very valuable and is best for transfiguration and defense against the dark arts. Use it well." He says to me as the three of us pay for our wands.

I take in the details of my wand. It has roses clustered at the very bottom and about a third of the way up creating a place to grip. From the roses towards the tip vines with thorns run to the tip making my wand a bit dangerous for anyone but me to touch. At the very base there is a gem that has a swirl of red, blue, silver, green, and gold in the stone. I am still examining my wand when Harry taps my shoulder and we see Hagrid holding two cages containing two totally different owls. I immediately look at the darker one.

"Thea there is another one I want you to see. This darker one is for Alex." Hagrid says. I nod and pet my brothers bird. We all walk to the pet shop and I see the woman behind the desk motion for me to walk with her. She leads me to the back of the shop were I see a very large cage containing four small animals. The first I see is the baby Phoenix. It is very young and is sitting on a perch towards the top of the cage. Next I see a flash of auburn and find a little fox. Then in the center is a silver wolf pup and it's watching me closely. Finally I find a baby black kitten curled up underneath the wolf as if it's protecting it.

"Hagrid are these all for me?" I ask softly so I don't startle the four very young animals. Hagrid nods and I smile a cheek splitting smile. I open the cage slowly and put the Phoenix on my shoulder before picking up the cat and putting it in my jumper pocket. The fox jumps out and curls around its self as it settles on the bag part of my shoulder bag as I pick up the wolf. "What will you name them?" Harry asks coming up next to me. "The Phoenix will be named Cinder, the kitten Shadow, the wolf Dawn, and the fox Dusk." I decide and each animal makes a noise of content when I give them their names.

We all head back to the Weasley household and I decide to keep the fact that I know Harry is my brother from the rest of my adopted family. Harry is still here when my uncle Remus decides to stop by and check up on me. Remus is not really my uncle but he is one of my god fathers. He grins when he meets my new pets and is surprised when I introduce him to Harry. Harry is offered to stay for dinner and ends up staying up in Ron's room until we go to Hogwarts. I eventually come clean to my family and explain how I overheard Molly and Arthur talking then in what out aunt said to us when we went to pick him up. Alex stays with us too and the tree of us become best friends. Ron joins in quickly and I wonder if I will be forced to hang with a bunch of guys the rest of my school days.

When we go to the train station I am smothered by Molly who is making sure the twins take care of me at school. I am so promise Ginny that I will cause a bunch of mischief and she can prove she is the more behaved girl in the house. She giggles at that and we give each other the hug of death. I then go to hug my older brothers and almost suffocate them with my surprisingly strong grip. We all then board the train and as it pulls away from the station I can only think about what house I will be in. I already have confrontation from every person close to me that if my sly, cunning, and manipulative personality puts me into Slytherin nothing will change our relationships. I have also promised my brothers that I will sometimes spend the night in their dorms. I am so ready for this school year!