Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street

A burnt serial killer who uses a glove armed with razors to kill his victims in their dreams, causing their deaths in the real world as well. In the dream world, he is a powerful force and almost completely invulnerable to damage. However, whenever Freddy is pulled into the real world, he has normal human vulnerabilities. Freddy is a vengeful ghost who attacks his victims from within their dreams. He is commonly identified by his burned, disfigured face, red-and-green striped sweater, brown fedora, and trademark metal-clawed brown leather glove only on his right hand. This glove was the product of Krueger's own imagination, the blade having been welded by himself.

A child molester who had sexually abused the teenage when they were young children. When their parents found out, they trapped him in a building and set it on fire, killing him. He took his revenge on the teenagers for selling him out, causing him to be horrifically disfigured.

His real name is Frederick Charles "Freddy" Krueger (a.k.a. The Springwood Slasher) is a child killer responsible for the kidnapping and murder of several children before he is eventually captured. Due to a legal technicality he is released without charge and the parents of the murdered children take the law into their own hands, burning him alive. After his death, Freddy gains the ability to infiltrate and control dreams and uses it to stalk and murder the remaining children of Elm Street. Despite being defeated several times, Freddy repeatedly resurrects himself and continues trying to kill children in Springwood.

Freddy introduced as a child killer who is eventually discovered and captured by the law, but escapes legal prosecution due to the police illegally entering his home. He is hunted down by a mob of angry parents, and cornered in a boiler room where he used to take his victims. The mob douses the building with gasoline and sets it on fire, burning Krueger alive. While his body dies, his spirit lives on in the dreams of a group of teenagers living in his old neighborhood, whom he preys on by entering their dreams and killing them. He is apparently destroyed at the end by Nancy Thompson, but the last scene reveals that he had survived. He went on to antagonize the teenage. After a hiatus, Krueger was brought back. Freddy's backstory is revealed by the mysterious nun who repeatedly appears to Dr. Gordon. Freddy's mother, Amanda Krueger, was a nurse at the asylum featured in the film. At the time she worked there, a largely abandoned, run-down wing of the asylum was used to lock up entire hordes of the most insane criminals all at once. When Amanda was young, she was accidentally locked into the room with the criminals over a holiday weekend. They managed to keep her hidden for days, raping her repeatedly. When she was finally discovered, she was barely alive, and was pregnant with the future Freddy Krueger.

Freddy battled fellow horror icon Jason Voorhees, resurrected both from their respective deaths and subsequently sent them to Hell. Is left ambiguous as to whether or not Freddy is actually dead; despite being decapitated, he winks at featuring Ash Williams was planned.

Loretta Krueger is Freddy Krueger's wife and the mother of Katherine Krueger/Maggie Burroughs. She met Freddy in high school and they married in 1960, when they were still teenagers. Their daughter, Katherine, was born in 1961. It was obvious that she loved her husband and daughter dearly. It seemed that Freddy loved her back, as he was seen trying to lead a normal life for the sake of her and their child. However, his murderous nature got the better of him. One day, she accidentally discovered the evidence of Freddy's child killings. Although she promised she would not tell, she was strangled to death by Freddy in front of their then five-year-old daughter. Margaret "Maggie" Burroughs (born Katherine Anne Krueger) is a counselor to troubled teens. She has had recurring nightmares of a little girl with an unknown man and woman, and of a water tower for some time. After meeting the John Doe, she is surprised to learn that he is having dreams of the same place and of the same little girl. After she discovers a news-clipping concerning the town of Springwood, she decides to take him there in hopes of returning his memory. While in Springwood, it is revealed that Krueger has a child of his own, and who John Doe assumes to be he-himself, but Freddy revealed to John that it was a daughter before killing him. Putting this and the dreams of the little girl together, Maggie searches her home and finds an adoption certificate that reveals she is really the daughter of Freddy Krueger, and the dreams are repressed memories.