Chapter 3

Getting out of the car I followed along side Drew through the parking lot of the cinema. I huffed out irritated and he looked over raising an eyebrow at me wondering, I let the 5th hiccup out loudly to clear the confusion. He laughed shaking his head as we came up to the ticket box, I looked around awkwardly at the other ticket lines.A group of teenage girls practically gawked at Drew, their eyes rolling over his body repeatedly and I cringed looking back around.

"wait, what movie are we seeing?" I asked as we walked through the glass doors to the cinema lobby.Walking up to the snackbar line he smiled not making eye contact with me but was sharing contact with some beach blonde wavy hair, jean skirt wearing, flip flop walking chick in the line next to us , her eyes practically fixated on his face.He finally answered my question after a moment of me clearing my throat.  

"its a surprise...relax micah"he said as we moved up to get two drinks and headed over to the ticket lady as she ripped it apart, helanding him back the ticket stub. The girl caught up with us , and latched her fake tanned arm around his natural sun kissed arm.I trudged behind the two of them mumbling as she giggled as he told her he liked her name.

We sat at the top of the stairs and I sat at the end on the other side of Drew and yawned trying not to throw pieces of candy at her face.The lights got dim , and then dark after the commercials ended.We ended up watching the movie "now you see me".It turned out the girl invited her own best friend and she sat next to me , holding onto my arm , then halfway through the movie she started nibbling on my ear.I ignored Drew and his little makeout session with the Abercrombie wearing chick.I sighed and got up leaving the theater , throwing the drink away and rubbed my ear disgusted. I made my way down the hall way, and sat at the bench under a finding dory poster.I wasnt going to sit there and get my ear chewed off by some chick I didnt even like, or even know for that matter. 

A moment later,I heard someone clear his throat awkwardly. I recognized the sandals and ignored him by looking at the floor in admiration."come on micah..I thought itd be fun.." he said ,sitting next to me as I got up and headed out the exit. 

I thought maybe he liked me, but I was wrong, he just wanted an excuse to makeout with a chick in the theater and mlget her numbrr after wards."Micah wait"he said following after me as I shoved my hands in my pockets,watching my feet as I headed toward his car.Its not like he really wanted to be my friend, he just wants to make his parents think hes listened to them and has made a friend to hang out with, so he can actually sneak around.I wasnt going to be his stupid ass excuse to go out. 

I kicked a tiny rock and heard a honk and a bright light out of no where and a yell from behind me.The next thing I knew I was on the ground and Drew was ontop of me , he lifted his head up and his hand  

went straight to my cheek, he turned my face from side to side."micah,"he breathed out ,"are you okay?" 

I cringed and nodded, I could feel his whole body pressed against mine, his eyes were a beautiful piercing color that made me gulp.I wanted to stay like that, and never get up.His hands were rough, but the skin was softer then I thought itd be.He stared at me, his thumb grazing over my cheek in what I could think was admiration.  

"Hey im so sorry man, are you ok?my kids were yellin and crying and I didnt even see you " the man in his 40s stood by his car with a face of worry. 

Drew cleared his throat and got up and helped me up next to him, I nodded awkwardly rubbing the back of my head.Drew patted my shoulder after talking to the guy and reassuring it was alright and was just a mistake.He opened the car door up for me as I slid in, slumping against the door as I glanced at the rear view mirror, the fake tan chick coming out of no where as she giggled twirling her hair and chewed on the end of a pen in attempt to lure drew in.I huffee and leaned over and punched my fist hard against the horn and it let out a loud long BEEEEEEEEEEEP out of no where.They jumped and the girl made a face covering her ears as drew ran iver to the drivers seat and I leaned back against my door , with a smug smile, satisfied with my doing.  

He closed the door , and backed out of the space and shook his head in disappointment, "Really Micah?"  

"hey, atleast I didnt back the car up like I wanted to" I smirked facing the open road. 

It was quiet after that in the car ride, till finally I decided id say what was on my mind since he drove me home. 

"im gay" I said bluntly not bothering to look at his facial expression.  

He didnt say anything more so I kept going"so im just going to bring down your reputation , and im also antisocial if you haven't yet realized."

"Micah, I think you seem really cool, you have a good taste in music, and your sarcasm is funny.But I dont care what gender you like,or if you dont like socializing,and I certainly dont care about reputation"he said shaking his head finding the reputation bit humorous.I forced my smile away because I hated the thought of it, of me even liking the idea of how hed never judge me, and might truly want to be my friend.

Fine, for now id just pretend to be his friend, I know it wont take him long to make another friend sometime soon.And when he does, ill go back to being myself again and not have to deal with him or his excuses or being slightly social.

I nodded "thanks ,drew" ,to be honest I was relieved to hear that he didnt mind my sexuality. Suddenly he turned the car around and drove up to a dirt road that led up a mountain, it was getting darker outside since it was probably around 8 now,and i was getting alittle nervous.He looked over at me and chuckled as he parked the car ontop of the hill that over looked our small city.We got out and he sat on the hood of his jeep,and i did the same.And i dont think id ever seen something as beautiful or serene as that moment right there.Seeing all the glittery lights flicker and stay,and the glow of street lamps,all around.He nudged my side and i looked at him,he smiled like a kid and pointed his finger upward as he looked up,i followed his gaze at the night sky.

Stars were everywhere,i leaned back and so did drew,his arms behind his head to pillow him."beautiful huh?"he said in a whisper ,almost like he didnt want to frighten the stars away.

"definitely.."i breathed out ,my eyes trailed to the side to look at his expression,what caught me off guard was that he was already looking at me.I couldnt tell if he was referring to the stars or not anymore.His eyes were filled with such intensity,and curiousity and wonder,it made me get goosebumps along the sides of my arms and i smiled sheepishly as i looked back up at the sky.

Moments later after an hour or two of just enjoying the quite, and the sound of eachothers breathing,we got up and slid back into his car."Should probably head on home now.."he said,almost in a dissapointed tone.And i felt the same,i didnt want this moment to end either.This day started out terrible,and extremely painful..but  by midnight,id forgotten all the situations that had happened,and all the bruises.All the laughter,and teasing and embaressment was gone and no where to be found.

We pulled up in front of drews house and he parked the car.I got out the same time he did and rubbed my arms in the chilly summer air, he followed along side of me."Here,ill walk you to your door mate"he gave me a genuine smile and i kinda laughed at how stupid it was,even though i liked it,i wasnt about ready to admit it.

I stood on my front porch and he cleared his throat awkwardly and i laughed,and he did too."ill see you later"i said opening my front door and i gave him a small smile and a nodd as he grinned and nodded in agreement.

"later dude" his voice a whisper as i shut the door quietly,i headed up the stair way and closed my bed room door and grinned.And i cant even remember the last or first time id ever grinned before.I shook my head and started undressing,and pulled on a pair of gym shorts and a Superbad Tshirt.I heard a distant whistle coming from my window,and i walked over to it and found drew wiggling his eyebrows behind his bedroom window.I rolled my eyes and flipped him off,he laughed and closed his curtains,and i did the same.

I climbed into bed and couldnt help but keep smiling,my heart feeling lighter then its ever felt before.