Chapter 2

I woke up aching all over and was scared to open my eyes,but i knew id have to.I found myself  laying on a small white plastic covered bed in the nurses office.The nurse looked over and rushed to me,

"oh honey,are you okay?what happened?Is there anyone that can pick you up,or do you walk or drive ?" she said looking through her records and back at me worried.

"n-no one,and i walk,uhm it was just a fight.." i said sitting up slowly wincing.

"well its a good thing this young man  found you when he did"she nodded and went into the other room to get my pass

I looked over barely able to see out of one eye at the guy sitting down in the waiting chair.

"Heya mate..i can give ya a ride home if ya want?im on the 5/5 schedule too" he nodded towards the nurse,she wrote us both passes and we left.My arm swung gently over his neck as he helped me limp to the parking lot ,over to his car.He had this deep green colored jeep parked right in the first parking spot ,he opened the door and helped me in.His skin was soft and really warm,like he'd just been laying down in the sun.He jogged to the other side and plopped in closing the door and starting the car,putting his hand behind my seat as he backed out of the space and headed out the parking gate.

I looked at him ,my mouth seemed to be watery,i swallowed the knot and looked to the other side.

"Who did this to you?" he asked,the mood becoming more serious.

" I don't want to talk about it,I told you I'm not the person you want to hang out with..You should've just left me there,a teacher  would've eventually found me" even though i doubted it myself,i tried to make it sound convincing the best i could,but he wouldn't buy it.

"Micah.." he said,and i just wanted to hear him say it again,and again.I sighed closing my eyes shut,"You need to stop closing people out..you're an easy target for others."he said frowning as i pointed out the directions.

We drove down the streets and he ended up pausing in front of my house and said "uhm,well that's weird."he said laughing suddenly.I looked over to the usual empty two story house next door to mine,a huge moving van in the garages drive way.A woman in her 40s looked over and waved,and carried a box into the house.I turned to look at Drew,no..he couldn't..

"Looks like were neighbors."he raised an eyebrow in amusement.

I heaved myself out of the car and slammed the door as much as i could,with out cringing as i walked as fast as i could go up to my door angrily.

"so uh--whoa hey buddy,where ya going!? Micah! Dude whats wrong!" he said while his humor died down once he realized i was pissed off.I hurried up the lawn and to my front door, slamming it and locking it then crossing my arms,i groaned in annoyance."Come on!At least let me help you!"he yelled,he finally gave up and went into his own house.

Really?This guy is not only at my damn school,but now hes my next door neighbor too?What the hell is that about!Thats just fucking weird,why couldnt he just go back to wherever the fuck he came from.

I huffed and eased myself up the stairs till i got to the top and closed my bedroom door. Opening my window slightly to let air in; I slowly pulled off my jacket over my head,and then my shirt,going into the bathroom to look at the bruises.I winced at the black patches that were sprawled over my side and stomach. Forgetting about my window being open i sat on my bed and slowly shrugged out of my jeans wincing at the bruise on my side.Leaving me only in my boxers i picked up my clothes and carried them to the hamper.The doorbell from downstairs started ringing,i groaned going down the stairs as fast as i could manage and hurried to the door and opened it ,only to find Drew looking sheepishly with a grin.I slammed the door in his face and slowly unclenched my fist,stupid idiot.