Chapter 4: The Meadow

Hey guys! I know it's been a very very long time, and I'm sorry for that... It's been a crazy time for me, but hopefully I'll be able to update more often... So, here we go into Edward's and Bella's meadow!
**************************
Edward's POV:
I walk out of the house, shutting the door behind me. I hold Bella close to my body, attempting to jog a little faster than a normal human jog, trying to make sure I don't frighten Bella. I start to go faster and faster, continuously glancing down at Bella, her baby face seeming to be content.
Just moments later, I find the meadow I had been in just a little while ago. I slow to a walk and look down at the baby girl in my arms, seeing a look of disappointment when I stopped. I quietly laugh and whisper to her, "sorry Bella. We have made it to our destination." Bella squeals happily, as if she understood and was forgiving me. I smile down at her and set her down in the grass, surrounded by the violet flowers. I sit next to her and prop her up. She smiles up at me then looks at the flowers around us. She reaches out her tiny little hands and yanks on one of the flowers. I laugh and gently pull her hand away from the flower, a look of sadness goes over her face. I hear a small wimper and I turn her to face me. "Don't be sad! You have to be gentle to the flowers. Look," I said, setting her in my lap and gently touching the flower. Bella once again smiles and mimics my movement. She squeals happily and looks up at me.
After a while, I picked Bella up and carried her over to the stream. I sit on the bank, Bella on my lap. She stares down into the water with her big brown eyes, her head starting to slowly lull to the side. I lay her in my arms, watching her as she falls asleep. I grab my phone from my back pocket and notice that the time has slipped by, faster than expected. I quickly run her home, attempting to not wake her up. I walk through the door and Esme was standing in the Kitchen, looking at me with disappointed looks. 'Sorry Esme!' I mouthed to her.
'It's past her nap time.' She thinks. I walk up to Bella's room and set her gently into her crib, "I know, I'm sorry. I lost track of time," I whispered to Esme, knowing she can here me. I sit down in the white rocking chair next to Bella's crib, and close my eyes, listening into her dreams, smiling and laughing as pictures of the meadow, her and I, and occasionally everyone else in the family.
Esme's POV:
I sat in the kitchen, bottle ready, waiting for Edward and Bella. It was almost time for Bella's nap, and I was getting really nervous. I was starting to think of the worst possibilities for Edward and Bella not being home yet. I started picturing Edward losing control and baby Bella laying limp in his arms.
I instantly shake my head. Edward would never hurt Bella. They have been inseparable since we brought her home. I can't believe it's been a month already. Bella has grown up so much already. My thoughts are cut short when the front door opens and quietly closes. I look at Edward with a disappointed look on my face as he walks in. He mouths that he's sorry and I look to see Bella fast asleep in his arms. 'It's past her nap time!' I thought. "I know, I'm sorry. I lost track of time," he whispers back as he continues upstairs and I smile, listening as he lays her down and takes his seat in the rocking chair.
I shake my head and quietly walk into the living room and sit in the recliner and close my eyes. Being a vampire, I can't sleep. So I just close my eyes and picture pleasing moments in my life. I picture Bella and Edward, but when Bella is older, laughing while I watch stubborn Bella argue with Edward, and Edward shaking his head in disappointment. I chuckle out loud, barely audible, even for a vampire. "What's so funny, love?" Carlisle asks, sitting on the arm of the recliner.
"Nothing. Just thinking about the future," I answer, smiling up at him. He kisses me gently and walks off to his study.
Carlisle's POV:
I walk into the house after a few hours at the hospital, hearing Esme laugh quietly to herself. "What's so funny, love?" I ask, sitting on the arm of the recliner.
"Nothing. Just thinking about the future," she says, smiling up at me. I smile and gently kiss her, then walk to my study. I enter, sitting at my desk. I look around at all of the pediatric equipment set up all around the room.
Bella had been a big change added into our family, and I can't wait to see who she will grow up to be. I'm just worried about the volturi. Worried that they will come for her, either because they think she is an immortal child, or because she will learn our secret eventually. Maybe once she's old enough, we can give her a choice. Either to live on with a normal human family, or to be changed into a vampire and to live an eternal life alongside my family and I. I just hope she will consider her options carefully.