Chapter 3: Baby Troubles

Edwards POV:
I am sitting in the white rocking chair, watching Bella sleep. She has a strange little mind. She is dreaming of nothing but my face. There's a bunch of rainbows, and unicorns with my face on them. It is quite hilarious.
Bella is stirring in her sleep, and starts to whine. Without thinking, I call out for Alice. "Aunt Alice will take care of you," I say to Bella as I scoop her into my arms and rock her silently.
"Alice?" I call once again after waiting a couple of minutes. Instead of a reply, Esme shows up in the doorway.
"Hello Edward," she says with a smile.
"Hello Esme. Can you please help me with Bella?"
"Of course," she says and takes Bella out of my arms. "Now go. I'll take care of her." I nod and walk out of the room. I walked down the spiral staircase.
"Hey Eddies back! Its about time!" Emmett shouts. I let out a low growl.
"Edward, I think its time for you hunt," Carlisle says. I walk over to the glass windows and look at my reflection. My eyes are as black as coal.
"I don't understand. I just went a couple days ago," I comment.
"You are hanging around Bella too much," Emmett taunted. I let out another growl. Carlisle put a hand on my shoulder, making sure I wouldn't do anything I would regret.
"Emmett's right. You have been around Bella so much, and you haven't been around a human for so long," Carlisle says.
"But we go to school with humans, how could I not be used to her scent yet?" I ask.
"Hmm..." Carlisle says, putting a hand on his chin. "She must be your singer." I cringle my nose in confusion.
"What's a singer?"
"Its a specific humans scent that pulls you toward them. It usually doesn't turn out good for the human. But I believe you have enough strength to keep yourself from hurting Bella," Carlisle answers.
"I would NEVER hurt Bella!"
"I know you won't son. Just be careful and hunt regularly." I nod and run out the door.
As I run, I get into hunting mode. Letting my senses take over is easy. I soon smell the sweet scent of my favorite prey, the mountain lion. I also could smell the scent of a deer.
I run through a group of trees deep in the forest. When I finally get through the thick abyss of trees, I am standing in a beautiful meadow. A stream is running about a mile north. The meadow is filled with beautiful lavender flowers.
I run more south towards the sound of the two heartbeats. When I finally make it, I pounce on my meal right as it was about to pounce on its own feast.
I laugh with a shake of my head, and snap its neck quickly. I quickly clean its body of all blood.
Once I finish, I throw the carcass in the river and run back home to my Bella.
Esme's POV:
As I hear Edwards conversation with Carlisle, I change Bella's little diaper quickly, and change her into a cute Onesy that says, "Daddy's Girl."
I laugh as I read the two simple words. I have no idea how Alice picks out a lot of cute clothing for Bella.
I take Bella downstairs to feed her bottle. When I try to stick the bottle in her mouth, she starts crying, screaming loudly. "Bella, what's the matter?" I ask her, knowing that she can't answer me.
I keep on trying to feed her, but she rejects it every time. Alice comes in with a smile on her face. "She won't eat unless Edward is here. She's a very stubborn baby," Alice says laughing. I sigh and set her bottle down.
Bella keeps on crying for about fifteen more minutes. I then hear Edward walk in through the front door. I am sitting in a bar stool in the kitchen when he comes into the kitchen.
'Edward, she won't eat.' I say in my mind. Edward nods and takes Bella from my arms smiling down at her.
"Why are you being so stubborn for Esme, Bella?" He asks. I smile at the sight of them. They are perfect together. I have been so worried that Edward wouldn't be happy, but now he is. I'm so happy for him.
"Thank you Esme," he replies to my thought.
"Your welcome."
"Once Bella is done eating, can I take her to a place that I found while I was hunting?" Edward asks.
"Of course! Just be back in time for her nap." 'Around one. Is that enough time?' I add.
"That's plenty of time. I'll probably bring her back around eleven, because its nine o'clock now."
I nod, and with that, he walked out the door, heading towards the front door. 'Be safe. Don't run too fast please. You don't want to frighten her.' He nods and disappears out the front door. I sigh and go sit on the love seat with my husband.
"Hello Carlisle," I greet him.
"Hello," he replies, and kisses my cheek softly. I look around our white living room. Alice and Jasper are sitting in the recliner seat, watching Emmett play his video game. Rosalie is looking at a fashion magazine.
Emmett swears at the TV. I gasp and glare at Emmett. "You need to put the game up. Your grounded from video games for a week."
"But mom!" Emmett says back.
"I don't like hearing you swear. We have a baby in the house now. I don't want her to hear you swear, and try to copy you," I tell him. He pouts but does as he is told. "Thank you."
"Can I watch TV?" He asks me. I nod in response. He changes the TV to cable and watches some weird detective show.