Let's Kill Hitler

Start from the beginning

"Er . . . " Fitz eyed the Corvette. "Where did you get the car?"

"It's mine," Mels shrugged. When police sirens wailed, Fitz raised an eyebrow. "Ish," she admitted.

"Oh, Mels, not again!" Amy groaned.

"You can't keep going this," Jemma shook her head. "You're going to end up in prison!"

"Sorry," the Doctor held up his hands. "Hello. Doctor not following this. Doctor very lost." He pointed at Amy. "You never said we were hot?"

"I didn't know any better!" Amy defended herself.

"Well, I agree with Mels," Jessie bumped the Doctor with her hip. "You are indeed very hot."

"Well," he smirked, "back atcha, sweetheart."

"And you never said they were married!" Mels gasped, looking at their hands intently before giggling. "Oh, that is brilliant! Is that the phone box?" she turned to look at the TARDIS. "The bigger on the inside phone box? Oh, time travel! That's just brilliant!" She turned to them. "Yeah, I've heard a lot about you two. I'm their best mate."

"Then why don't we know you?" Jessie tilted her head. "I made sure to meet everyone at the wedding. The men seemed quite interested in getting to know me."

"I didn't like that," the Doctor felt the need to put in.

"I don't do weddings," Mels shrugged, then sighed as the police sirens approached. "And that's me out of time."

She reached forward and grabbed Jessie around the neck, pulling her to her, pulling out a gun at the same time and pressing it to the side of her head. "Mels!" Jemma shouted, eyes wide.

"For God's sake!" Rory glared.

"What are you doing?" the Doctor's eyes flared red.

"I need out of here, now," Mels answered, narrowing her eyes, tightening her grip on Jessie's neck. The woman choked, Mels's nails cutting into her skin slightly.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes. "Anywhere in particular?"

"Well, let's see," Mels hummed. "You've got a time machine. I've got a gun. What the hell." She grinned. "Let's kill Hitler!"

+++

"Is he hot?" Mels asked as Amelia dug through her box.

"No," Amelia shook her head. "He's funny."

"What about her?"

"She's quiet."

"But how can they travel in time?"

"Because they've got a time machine, stupid."

"I thought we were playing hide and seek!" Rory protested as he entered Amy's room. "I've been hiding for hours!"

"Well, we just haven't found you yet," Amelia shrugged.

"OK," Rory frowned, then waved. "Hi, Mels."

"Hi, Rory," Mels answered.

The doorbell rang, and Rory brightened. "Jemma!" he cheered, running down the stairs.

Mels didn't miss Amelia's small frown as he went to greet his best friend.

+++

"Mels, did you not understand the question?" the teacher asked. "I'm asking you why the Titanic sank."

"Because the Bad Wolf told the Doctor he couldn't save it because it was supposed to happen," Mels answered. "Except you don't know about the Doctor and the Bad Wolf because you're stupid."