Old Debts

Also could be known as one of the most important interludes in the history of interludes.

Come on, guys, I wouldn't be THAT mean. ;) Of course I'll give you the interlude to satisfy you lot SLIGHTLY.

You don't even need a hint. Interlude title says it all. ;) Guess all the "debts" here, and you get a medal. After a while, I think some choices will be quite obvious.

***

Dorium walked through the door, beaming at the Headless Monks inside. "Gentlemen! Good news! My agents have procured the exact security software that you requested, the very latest upgrade. I extracted it from the memory of a Judoon trooper. Well, I say extracted . . . it was quicker to take the whole brain. And to be honest . . . " He held up the box in his hands. "I don't think he's going to miss it." One of the Monks approached to take it, but Dorium pulled back. "Uh uh uh! Small matter of payment, I think." The Monk paused, then held out a small pouch. "Delightful," Dorium grinned, taking it and handing the box over. "Oh, I do enjoy sentient money. The way it wiggles. You'll find it in the front al lobe. Should be quite easy. There's not a lot in there."

The Monks began to leave, but Dorium called out, "But all this to imprison one child?" The Monks paused again. "Oh, I know what you're up to. I hear everything in this place. I even hear rumors about whose child you've taken. But the rumors of who else you've taken? Are you mad?! You know the stories about the Doctor, and what he would do for his wife, the things that man has done! God help us if you've made him angry!"

God help them all!

***

"What the hell is she doing?" Rory shouted as the TARDIS shook and shuddered, the Doctor struggling to hang onto the console, having recovered enough of the initial shock to at least handle the piloting.

"I don't know!" the Doctor answered, frantically holding on. "I'm not even sure if it's her!"

"What do you mean, you don't know if it's her?" Jemma yelped.

"Because the last time - agh!" He staggered back, eyes flaring gold, before he straightened back up. "The last time this happened - " The TARDIS landed with a thud, and they all went flying to the floor. The Doctor groaned in pain, then looked up. "You know what . . . I'm going to stop talking."

"That bad?" Jemma asked in concern, going over to him.

"Well, there is that . . . " He looked up. "Someone get the door?"

"What, where do you think we are?" Fitz asked, going over. "Do you know where we - " He finished opening the door, then blinked, seeing the towering citadel above them. " . . . are. Are we on Asgard?" he asked, looking around.

"My guess," the Doctor grunted, standing up with Jemma's help. "Heimdall used the Bifrost. Clever Asgardian." He twisted back and forth, then headed for the door, Jemma right by his side. "So, if he brought us - " He paused, stopping practically right outside the door. "Loki?"

"Doctor," Loki acknowledged, narrowing his green eyes as he looked over his shoulder. "Where is Jessie?"

The Doctor swallowed, hard, his face pale. "He needs help," Rory said, looking at the god of mischief. "I don't know, if there's some Infinity Rock or whatever the hell they are. He needs help."

Loki seemed to notice the Doctor's predicament for the first time and did a double take. "What is this?"

" . . . Metacrisis," the Doctor answered, wincing and putting one arm over Jemma's shoulders, Jemma helping support him.

Loki's eyes widened, and he nodded quickly, stepping to the Doctor's side and helping Jemma support him. "The main hall," he told Rory and Fitz. "Straight in."