Day of the Moon

We finally find out the bad guys' names, and we start to see what the Metacrisis can do. }:)

Here's "Day of the Moon!"

***

"Keep running!"

Amy panted as her legs pumped, running ahead of Fitz and Coulson as they ran for the edge of the cliff. A four-wheel drive was chasing them, and Amy screamed when she hit the edge of a cliff.

Canton stepped out of the vehicle and approached. "Canton," Amy panted.

"Miss Pond. Agent Fitz. Agent Coulson," he nodded.

Coulson looked over his shoulder to see a few men dragging black sacks over. "Those are body bags."

"Yes, they are."

"They're empty."

"How about that?"

"Do you know why you're doing this, eh?" Fitz scowled. "Can you even remember the warehouse?"

Canton simply shot them all, not looking twice at the tally marks inked on their skin.

***

The Doctor sat slumped in a chair, chained by vibranium shackles, looking up as Canton approached. "We found Amy Pond, Leo Fitz, and Phil Coulson," he said. "They had strange markings on their arms. Do you know what they are?"

"Why don't you ask them?" the Doctor countered.

***

"River?" Saleen shouted. "J, where the hell are you both?"

River stopped short when she saw two aliens watching her by the construction curtains. "I see you," she warned, marking tallies on her arm. "I see you."

"Doctor Song?" Canton called. "Agent Harper? Bad Wolf? Go, go, go!"

River ran through the construction, catching up with Jessie on her way, Saleen not that far behind. They skidded to a halt when they reached the open wall. "Don't move!" Canton warned, aiming his gun. "It's over."

"We know," Jessie said simply.

"They're here, Canton," Saleen panted. "They're everywhere."

"I know," Canton said. "America's being invaded."

"You were invaded a long time ago," River corrected. "America is occupied."

"You're coming with us," Canton warned. "There's no way out this time."

"There's always a way out," Jessie countered, grabbing River and Saleen's arms and walking back, right off the edge of the building.

***

"We found your wife with Doctor Song and Agent Harper," Canton told the Doctor as a brick cell was constructed around him.

The Doctor paid no notice. "These bricks, what are they made of? Where's my wife?"

"She ran. Off the fiftieth floor."

"I'd say zero balance dwarf star alloy. The densest material in the universe. Nothing gets through that, not even someone who can phase, like me and my wife. You're building me the perfect prison . . . and it still won't be enough."

***

Jemma screamed up ahead, and Rory narrowly stopped her from falling off the edge of the dam, May skidding to a halt as well. The three of them turned as Canton's men approached, the man himself in the lead. "What are you waiting for?" Rory shouted.