Chapter One: Summertime Madness

Start from the beginning

“Can you show us around the set?” Gage inquired, cutting into the bickering.

Avian flipped her hair over her shoulder and winked. This was the Avian I went to high school with. The Avian with an attitude. The Avian who insisted on being in charge. Avian wore a black and white striped shirt and black pants. She had a beret on top of her head, along with a stop sign in one hand and a megaphone in the other. She was really taking this director role pretty seriously.

She began walked down this “hallway”. The set was made to look like our high school. The set designers did a pretty good job. There were rows of lockers and students standing casually around.

“You know why you are here, right?” Avian asked me.

I nodded. “To help the actresses and actors portray my story correctly.”

“No.” Avian shook her head.

“No?”

“There are a lot of holes in the plot so I kind of did a little…reimagining.”

“What does that mean?”

What was Avian talking about? Did she add untrue things to my life story? This was not what I agreed to do. I told her to make sure she told the complete truth about me and my family. Avian had promised me that she would only put true facts into the movie.

“Oh it’s nothing too major.” Avian dismissed the claim.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course.”

Something told me not to believe Avian. I still didn’t trust her. But then I thought about it. She had no reason to make me look bad in this movie. I didn’t really care about the movie. I didn’t want the movie to be made but Gage convinced me to come see it being made.

The other director of the movie signaled for us to be quiet. I looked at the two actors in front of me. One was a tall redhead like me. She had longs straight hair and an innocent look to her face. How could she possibly play me? This girl had no clue of the pain and suffering I went through. She looked so childlike and happy. The misery, disappointment and confusion I felt at this point in my life were all absent.

And then I looked at the other person next to her. I assumed he was Jamanj. He didn’t look nearly as scary as Jamanj. They both had dark hair but Jamanj’s hair seemed to frame his face in a sinister way. The actor’s eyes were not as scary as Jamanj’s either. The actor wore blue contacts. Jamanj had eyes that were icy and almost the color of ice. Thinking about the real Jamanj sent shivers down my back. The actor merely looked like a model with light blue contacts. There was nothing sinister or scary about him. How could anyone believe that he was a murderer?

“Quiet on the set!” The director shouted.

Avian took her seat next to the director.

“Cameras?” Avian asked.