"How the hell did you found that out?" I questioned her, as we walked side by side to the diner together. "Please don't tell me you started stalking him. You know how that's—"

      "—chill. I didn't stalk him, Bree."

      "Scarlett," I warned, pausing mid-step. I crossed my arms, looking at her.

      "I didn't!" she exclaimed, stomping her heels at the ground. My eyes narrowed down at her, daring her to lie to me. She gulped, averting her eyes away from my threatening gaze. "Okay, so I stalked his friends for a bit . . ."

      "Scarlett! Do you know the punishment and humiliation you'll go through if they catch you spying on them? They're fourth years for crying out loud."

      "So? We're Aubrey Erhardt and Scarlett Cunningham."

      "But we're also second years," I reasoned. Here, at Elite University, the year we're in determines our ranking—and even though Scarlett and I both come from well respected families, we were nothing compared to the fourth years, especially Aaiden.

      "Second years with powerful families," she countered back with. "You know as well as I do, that anyone with a brain won't even dare lay a finger on us because of our last names."

       "Yeah, but they're friends with Aaiden Airheart, as you so put it! He could wipe both of our family's fortune with a snap of his fingers! Plus, his friends aren't at the bottom of the food chain either."

       Scarlett waved her hand at me. "Please. Dennis and Ryann's families aren't that influential. They're nothing compared to our families."

      "They still have rank at this campus, Scar."

      "So do we, Bree," she said, "and even if they do happen to catch me spying on them, I'll take care of it."

       "You'll take care of it?" The only times she ever took care of something was if that something benefited her in some way. Mostly that something was her school work. Even though she doesn't look like it—she's in fact top of our year—ranking fifth in academics at Elite. But, I knew in fact Scarlett would turn into a blubbering mess if that ever happens. She really wasn't a confrontation type of person, no matter how much she thought she was.

       "If the need for it arises," she finally said, choosing her words carefully. "But, I doubt that's going to happen, so let's not dwell on that for now. I just want to eat." She started walking, rubbing her stomach. "I'm suddenly craving a Elite Mac."

      I started following her. "Scar, you're a vegetarian."

      "I'll substitute the meat out."

      I stared at her. "You hate cheese too."

      Her nose scrunched up. "I'll ask for no cheese then."

      "Scar, the Elite Mac is pretty much a sandwich coated in cheese with meat sauce soaked on top of a breaded chicken patty. If you ask for no meat, or cheese, you'll get two pieces of bread."

      She blinked her eyes, her mouth hung open. "Ew." She gagged, shivering. "Who the hell would eat something so gross?"

      I laughed. "Your beloved, Aaiden, that's who."

      "For such a hottie his tastes sure are something."

      "I think you're referring to yourself, Scar." I've known the girl a little over a year, and she's by far the most pickiest eater I'd ever met in my life. The girl doesn't even like ice cream. Like who doesn't like ice cream? And yet she loves food—ironic right?

      "Hey," she shouted. "You know, I have strict dietary needs!"

       Half a which you chose to do yourself. "I know. I live with you, remember?"

      She smiled, hugging me from the side. "And I love you for that." As Scarlett Cunningham's best friend, I know better than anyone on campus that Scarlett didn't have many friends. People were usually too scared of her to go anywhere near her—that or they thought she was just some spoiled, rich brat. But, honestly if you get past her line of defensives, she's more than a pretty face.

      "I love you too." I patted her arm. "But you know what I really love?"

      "What?" she asked.

      "Some food in my stomach."

      "Pig." She stuck her tongue at me, and then she made her way up the ramp, and towards the diner.

      "Nope." I rushed after her, following her inside. "Just hungry."

       "Don't worry, I'm sure something here will fill you up." She winked. "And who knows, maybe Aaiden will come down from his apartment and get something to eat too!"

      "Doubt that."

      She pouted at me. "Don't ruin my dreams, Bree. A girl can dream, can't they?"

      "They can . . . but we literally saw him in his bedroom like fifteen minutes ago. I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime soon. He'd probably just taken a shower from the looks of it."

      Scarlett licked her lips, bypassing two girls in the sandwich line, going straight to the grill. "Man, I'll love to see him dripping wet—"

      I covered my ears. "—don't you dare finish that sentence."

      "Ugh. Can't a girl fantasize about her crush without her best friend cutting her off every single time?" she groaned, catching the eye of the guy standing in front of us. He gave her a sideways glance, before he resume his conversation with his friend—ignoring us completely.

      I lowered my voice slightly. "Not when said best friend doesn't keep it PG-rated."

      She rolled her eyes, laughing. "You're such a virgin, Bree."

     "Says the virgin, herself."

     "You know I'm saving myself for someone special."

      "Let me guess." I leaned in closer to her. "His name starts with Aaiden and ends with Airheart?"

      "Aw, you know me so well." She giggled to herself. "But seriously, don't you ever just want to rip Aaiden's shirt off, and lick those pecs of his—"

      "—you girls do know you're in the middle of a public place, right?"

      Both of our eyes widened, hearing the familiar voice. When we turned around, Aaiden's best friend, Dennis Adkins stood there with a frown on his face—muscles tense. His piercing gaze hardened, as he tapped his finger rapidly.

       I let out a curse, knowing how screwed we were.

Don't forget to support this story if you're liking it so far <3 It finally reached over 6k reads, so thank you so much to anyone who has read/voted/commented/shared :D Please press the star button, and drop a comment while you're at it. (You'll motivate me to update faster if you do ;P)

What do you think of Aaiden so far guys? ;)