Chapter 6

It took me a week before I allowed Lucifer to cook us breakfast. Undertaker was certain he was going to poison us.

"Why in my name would I poison my daughter and her love?!" Undertaker had given Lucifer a dark look then mumbled, "You did nearly kill me.."

"Ah, yes.. I had hoped we were beyond that dreadful event." Both Undertaker and I gave Lucifer unbelieving looks.

"Beyond attempted murder?! On my husband?! Father, you are certainly much more insane than I last remembered." My father mumbled something most definitely rude, then leaned down to Annabelle, as she was sitting on the ground, drawing.

"Ah, hello, Annabelle! What are you drawing there?" I watched Undertaker stiffen and tense out of the corner of my eye. I knew he couldn't help it, and I wasn't overly pleased with it, but surely my father deserved a chance. He was hardly ever alone with my daughter; Sebastian or William always seemed to be close by when Lucifer went out with her. It was the only reason Adrian allowed it.

"The lady!" Lucifer frowned, looking curious.

"Lady? What lady, dear?" Undertaker started slightly when my father sat down next to Annabelle. I held onto his arm, stroking his hair to calm him.

"Calm down, he isn't harming her, love," I spoke through his mind, watching him calm slightly. He merely nodded and continued to watch them.

"The fire lady! The lady from my dreams!" Could it have been my imagination or did Lucifer look briefly intrigued? Yet, as I watched him, he seemed to smile in amusement.

"Is she a good lady, Annabelle?" He seemed to enjoy playing with her.

"I think so.. She really likes Daddy." Lucifer looked back at us in confusion then looked back at Annabelle.

"Whatever does that mean?"

"Whenever I dream of her, she likes to hug Daddy." Lucifer chuckled softly and pulled her into his lap, his arms around her loosely. Undertaker stiffened and started again.

"Adrian, calm down.. It's alright." Lucifer paid no mind to Undertaker, chatting happily with Annabelle.

I worried Undertaker and Lucifer would end up arguing too much. I was going to need more help from Sebastian and William.