Chapter 5

"Aww, man. That was so good." Avi said pushing away his empty plate and rubbing his stomach.

"I would say so. You practically inhaled those ribs." Austin laughed.

"I thought you were gonna eat the bones too." Kirstie laughed, reaching up wiping some bbq sauce off of his face.

Austin looked around at Tim who was sitting quietly staring out the window deep in thought.

"Baby? Are you alright?" Austin ask, rubbing Tim on the leg bringing him out of his trance.

"What?.. Oh yea, I'm fine. Just got a lot on my mind." He said smiling at his boyfriend.

"Anything I can help you with?" Austin ask.

Tim smiles and shakes his head. "Not this time." He says softly.

Avi leans over laying his hand on top of Tim's and whispers, "Timbo, Don't do it."

Tim glances around the restaurant then to Avi. "I have to." He whispers.

Kirstie reaches over laying a hand on top of Avi's and Tim's. "Maybe we should take this conversation to a more private place. Your bass voices don't whisper too well." She whispers with a smile.

"She's right." Austin agrees.

Tim picks up the check to go pay while the other three goes to the car. As they get into the car, waiting on Tim, Austin looks in the back seat at Avi and Kirstie.

"Avi, you mind filling me in on what's going on?" He ask.

"I told Tim who murdered me." Avi answered.

"Oh Crap!" Austin said running a hand through his hair turning back around in his seat to see Tim walking toward the car.

Tim gets into the car and heads out to a secluded place in the woods that he knows of. The ride there was completely silent. Each one lost in their own thoughts.

Once there, Tim lights him up a cigarette and walks over by a tree and squats down. Avi sits down in front of him while Kirstie and Austin sit on a near-by log.

"Like I said, I don't want you to do this, Tim." Avi being the first to speak.

"And like I said, I have to, Avi." Tim said blowing smoke up into the air. "Does she know?" He ask pointing at Kirstie.

"About Tammy and Silas? Yea, I told her." Avi nods.

"Like Eddie said, when Tammy and Silas finds out that you are alive, they WILL come back to finish the job. They know that you can identify them. Tammy don't like her (pointing to Kirstie) anyway. I saw that at the bar that night. It would please her to take a bat and bash that pretty little lady's head in. Now I know you don't want that to happen." Tim says in a low voice.

"Of course I don't." Avi said.

"Then let me do my job, Avi." Tim said staring into Avi's eyes.

Avi sighs. "And what if you get caught?" He ask with a worried look.

Tim chuckles, putting out his cigarette. "This ain't my first rodeo, Av."

_________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!!!

** Check out Book 3 of the "Hungry Eyes" series. "Rags To Riches"

** AMERICA!!  **