Royal Kingdom Challenge

The Sims Forums
Royal Kingdom Challenge by EnblithTheFair (TS2 to TS4)

GymeaLillieGymeaLillie
March 24 edited September 9 in The Sims 4 Stories and Legacies
The challenge description below is based on the text written by the creator of this challenge, EnblithTheFair, back in TS2 days. I was a moderator for her RKC Yahoo group for a while. Please keep in mind the original instructions were written for TS2. I will precede any changes with the word EDIT. Please feel free to make suggestions for adapting this to TS4.

--------------------------------------------------

Do your Sims have a longing for days gone by? Do they want to shout "Huzzah! Long Live the King and Queen!"? Do they have a hankering for good old-fashioned servitude? Then it is your duty to transport them back in time, several hundred years, to live in Good Old Simland! Simland has a King and/or Queen that presides over all of their loyal subjects. It's up to you to make the strongest Royal family that you can. The fate of the Kingdom depends on you!

The Goal: The point of this challenge is to make a themed neighborhood with a royal family, nobility, merchants and peasants/farmers, and reach 5 generations with at least one family from each category.

To begin:
- Make a new game/universe.
- Make 1 King and Queen for your royal family in CAS.
- Make 3 or less families that will become the Noble class.
- Make 2 or less families that will be the Merchant class.
- Make 3 or less families that will be the Peasant class.

Rules for the Royal Family:
- All money cheats are acceptable.
- You may use building cheats for building their castle.
- The first-born son of the current King and Queen will become the heir to the throne and must never move out of the house.
- The heir to the throne may only marry a Sim descendant from the Royal family or the Noble class, but they may have lovers of any class. (They can marry as close a relation as the game allows).
- The heir to the throne must be the legitimate son of both the king and the queen.
- Any illegitimate children of the Queen would not be a prince/princess but could marry a non-heir Royal or Noble.
- Women of the royal family are not permitted to have a job or live alone.
- Non-heir Peasants may move in as servants to cook and clean.
- (EDIT): There has been some discussion about the Potion of Youth. In TS2 the Elixir of Life was allowed twice, which added six days to a Sim's life. I think it is fair to say that you could use the Potion of Youth when each Royal Sim is six days into a chosen life stage, rewinding their age by six days just as it did in TS2. This is optional.

Rules for the Noble Class:
- You may use the motherlode cheat only two times.
- You may use building cheats.
- The first-born son will be the family heir and must never move out of the house.
- Only legitimate children can become heirs.
- The heirs may not marry below their status (they must marry non-heir Nobles or Royals).
- Women are not permitted to have a job. (EDIT): This would also mean they cannot live alone seeing as they would have an expensive lifestyle.
- Non-heir Peasants may move in as servants to cook and clean.
- (EDIT): In TS2 the Elixir of Life was allowed twice, which added six days to a Sim's life. You could use the Potion of Youth when each Noble Sim is six days into a chosen life stage, rewinding their age by six days just as it did in TS2. This is optional.

Rules for the Merchant Class:
- You may use the motherlode cheat only one time.
- You may use building cheats.
- Although the eldest son traditionally becomes the heir, if the eldest becomes enemies with his father then any of the children may inherit their father's house and fortune.
- The heir must never move out of the house.
- The heirs may not marry below their status (they must not marry Peasants).
- Only single women may have jobs. (EDIT: There is no rule against them living alone).
- (EDIT/addition): The Merchant class is able to use the Whipped Cream Cupcake Factory appliance, the Woodworking Table, the easel and the children's Activity Table to make goods to sell.
- (EDIT): In TS2 the Elixir of Life was allowed once, which added three days to a Sim's life. You could use the Potion of Youth when each Merchant Sim is three days into a chosen life stage, rewinding their age by three days just as it did in TS2. This is optional.