"Are you still at school?" His text said.

"Yes I'm still at school. Also please don't tell people we are cousins." I texted back.

"Why don't you want people to know?" He asked.

"I'll tell you later. Just please do this for me." I replied.

"Okay, but tell me after school today." He texted back.

I finished my food. Then throw my trash. I walked to Mr. Matthews class room waiting for class to start.

"I see somebody is ready for class." Mr. Matthews said.

"More like I just want school to be over." I replied.

"So how has your first day of school going?" He asked.

"Same as any school day." I said.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He inquired.

"I guess it is neutral." I answered.

"That's good I think." He replied.

"So where do I sit sir?" I asked.

"Right behind your cousin." He said.

Just then Lucas walked in, and sat down. I walked to the seat behind him. I put my stuff down. When I looked up Zay was right in next to me.

"That is my seat." Said Zay.

"Actual Mr. Babineaux you by the wall now." Mr. Matthews said.

"Whatever." Zay replied.

I looked to the front and tried to pay attention to Mr. Matthews lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so happy school is over. I walked outside to see my cousin talking to his friends. I didn't want to interrupt so I got my phone out and put my headphones in. I went on to my Pandora. The Devil In Me by Gin Wigmore started to play. I started to rock out. I listened to music till Lucas was done talking to his friend. I saw Lucas search for something. My guess is he's looking for me. So I walked up to him.

"There you are." Lucas said.

" Yeah. I have been waiting for you." I replied.

We started to walk towards Lucas's house.

"So Ash why didn't you want me to tell people we are cousins?" He asked.

"Do you promise not to get mad?" I asked.

"I will try my best." He replied.

"Well back in Texas when you told people we were related. Well people started to make fun of me because I was not like you. They would beat me up. They didn't ever stop. I just don't want that to ever happen again." I told him.

"Who did that? " He inquired. He looked angry.

"Lucas calm down." I said.

"Is this why you moved in with my mom and I?" He asked.

"Part of the reason." I retorted.

"What's the other part?" He asked.

"I would rather not reveal that not now." I said.

"Tell me." He said sternly.

"I will not." I replied.

"Why?" He inquired.

"I'd just can't do it. Please stop trying to get me to say it. I really don't like reliving these moments." I informed him, starting to tear up.

I looked at him. He was still angry. I couldn't deal with this right now. I ran to Lucas house. I just need to go to my room. Why did he have to push it? It's my first day here, and I don't think I can handle it. I might ask my aunt if I can be home schooled. Why do bad things always have to happen to me? I hear the front door close; and footsteps getting close to my room. Just out in front of my door. I was holding still and trying not to make a sound. The door open to revile Lucas there. He looked at me and his eyes softened. He walk to where I am. He sits himself down.
"Ash I am sorry. I really am." He said.
"I forgive you." I said looking down at my hands.
"I will not try to make you tell me thing you don't want to." He said.
"Thanks. I just need time to heal from the things that have already happened to me." I replied.
I looked over at him to see him deep in thought. Then he got up.