part 4

My dad new to leave me alone, I didnt want to be around him at this time. How could he say something like that, like im not enough!

I decided to just let this blow over my head, so I went to bed. But however normally what would seem such a simple task for me became almost impossible to achieve. My thoughts kept me awake most of the night, it was dreadfull.

I looked at the clock on my phone, this instant glow from it boomed in the dark room, burning my eyes intensly. The clock read 3:45am, it was so late and it was a school night. I turned back round and closed my eyes shut. Then I heard my door being opened and someone walking it. From the ora it persuited I could sense it was my father, yet I stayed as still as I could, keeping my eyes slammed shut.

I felt him sit down on the edge of my bed, he started stroking my hair, then I heard the sudden sound of him wimping, he was crying. I could hear him muttering words to himself but I couldn't make much from it except, "Emma im so sorry, I must have really hurt you earlier today, I want you to know im sorry and that I love you so much. I know this may seem so difficult to you right now but things will get better. Mandy is such a lovely person, shes heard so much about you and she really wants you to except her for who she is. Please Emma, I know your asleep and probably in dreamland right now but come to your sences and you will understand how great she really is."
"But shes not my mum" I said quietly under my breath.
He didnt hear me because I didnt say it loud enough, but I felt him get up and walk out of the room. Before leaving he said "I love you" then he left.

I layed there quietly thinking to myself about what my dad had just said, it made me realise that this may not be too bad or the end of the world. Maybe I should be happy and just go with the flow for him. After all he has done for me, the least I could do was tried.

The next day I woke up with a postive attitude towards my dad, I have to give him some credit, after all these years hes been so good to me, its the keast I could do. I walked down stairs in my pink polk-a-dot pajamas and into the living room where my dad was sitting, eating cereal. I gave him a kiss and a hug.
"Good moring Emma"
"Good morning dad, now I was thinking, I would like to meet this Mandy"
A smile spread across his face.