Flashbacks. Chapter 1

[a/n: This time I'm giving the chapters individual names, as you see]

[10k's POV]

~flashback~

"Tommy! Dinner's ready! Come downstairs!" my mom yelled. "Give me a minute!" I yelled back. I laid my sketchbook and the pencil down. My rooms door swung open, dad stood in it "Son... How many times have I told you, that this whole painting-stuff is useless?!" he asked and came a little closer "Come on. Your mom will be angry if we're not coming down soon.".

We walked down the stairs and sat down at the table. I looked down on my plate, and what I saw did not amuse me. Some roadkill, my dad had brought home. Well I have to admit, my mom was a great cook, but that thing did not look very appealing. 

We started eating and suddenly someone knocked on the door. My mom got up and opened the door a bit. As she saw that it was her dad, my grandpa, she opened the door. He stumbled in.

"Dana... I don't feel very good..." he said and showed us his arm. On his arm was a giant bite mark! My mom panicked "Okay dad... Sit down, I'll bring you some water and we'll call a medic!". Grandpa sat down. He was breathing heavy and suddenly started choking. My mom dropped the glass of water and ran to him. "Dad! Dad!!" she screamed. He closed his eyes and sunk back at the couch. 

Mom leaned over "Dad?!". He woke up again. I should better say it. It wasn't my grandpa anymore. The thing attacked my mom and bit her! 

My dad got up immediately and ram a knife in its head. Mom was laying at the ground holding the wound at her neck. I stood up and ran up to her "Mom! You-you'll be fine! I promise!" I said and knelt down next to her. My dad came to me and pulled me away from her "Tommy don't! She hasn't much time left!". I started crying. 

"I-I love you!" my mom choked before she closed her eyes. My dad looked at me, and I knew it was time. "Go in your room and pack your things. Like I told you to." he said and got down next to my mom.

I ran up the stairs and slam shot my door. I knew it had begun. Dad told me about this. I thought this was all imagination! But zombies were real. I've seen it...

After opening my closet, I pulled out my black bag. I stuffed it with the things my dad told me to pack. I swung it over my shoulder. "Did I forget something?!" I asked myself. My eyes looked around and spotted my sketchbook. I also stuffed it down my bag also and got down the stairs again...

~end of flashback~ 

I pulled Daisy towards me and held her tight. "Warren the seat belt!" I screamed "Put it on!". We also buckled up. I took a look out the window. The nuke soon reached the ground.

"THE TUNNEL!!!" Daisy and I said in union. Warren pulled over to right. A stream of wind hit our car in the tunnel and rolled it around. 

---

I felt something punching my face lightly. I had a hell of a headache. My eyes opened slowly. "Get outta there!" it was Daisy handing me a knife.

Now I realized, that I was upside down and had to cut the seat belt to get out of here. I did and crawled out. "Help me get Doc!" Warren waved at me.

We pulled Doc out the car. He still was alive, but the wound made us all worry.

"Guys! Look at that... Is that snow?!" Daisy was looking out of the tunnel. Warren walked up next to her "No... That's not snow... That's radioactive fallout... " she said and gulped. "but guys. We still have a mission. But first... We need to find Murphy..." I reminded them before we geared up to walk in the fallout.

[Daisy's POV]

~flashback~

I was on the phone. Talking to my real mom, back in England.

"Yes... Yes mommy. But have you heard about Anne? She just texted me, that her brother Jonathan is in hospital now. He got attacked by a homeless and some weird stuff happened..." I said to her, while I was sitting outside, playing 'teaparty' with my hostfamilys' child. 

"No darling, Annes' mother would have told me about this. But your father isn't doing well either. He came home from work and started having a bad temperature!" my mom said nervously. 

"Cecilia, can you help me with the dishes?!" my host dad stuck his head out the kitchen window. "Okay mommy, I'll talk to you later. Merle want's me to help him with the dishes! Bye, love you!" I hung up on the phone and picked Daisy up.

Inside, Merle was cleaning the dishes. I was just washing a plate, as I asked when Katja would come home. "She send me a text message, that they had an incident at the office. Being a police officer is hard..." he said and handed Daisy her teddy bear. 

---

I looked at my laptops watch. It was half past midnight. Katja wasn't home yet. But suddenly she called me saying "Cecilia, wake up Merle and Daisy! I'll pick you up in 15 minutes! Don't ask why! Pack every weapon you can find around the house! Go!" than she hung up on me. I was concerned, what happened but did what she said.

~end of flashback~

We were standing next to a barrier build out of cars. "Guys! Please... I need rest!" Doc gasped. I handed him my water bottle. "No... Take it back. Leave me here with a gun and some bullets..." Doc looked at Warren. "We don't leave anyone. Ever. I'll go and search for supplies. You three stay here." she said. I made a step forward "You can't go alone. I'll come with you!".

She shook her head "Stay here with Doc and 10k." than she said "And if Doc doesn't make it. You at least have each other..." in a whisper voice. 

"We trust you. And remember: we always find each other!" I said and hugged her. "We do." she whispered and left.