Chapter 32 : To the Moon and Back!

Start from the beginning

"Delhi was supposed to be an escape plan but that did not work much like that. Aman followed us here and made sure my days went miserable here. He feared I would try to contact you in anyway and being away from home would only make it easy for me to do so. He suffocated me here," she had a disgust in her voice as she spoke.

"I really wonder as to why he hates me so much,  anyway you continue," if I were given a chance I would seriously want to know. I sat holding her as she spoke again.

"Tanmay somehow made sure Aman left Delhi just so that I could live in peace. I couldn't stay idle here. I wanted to do something, something that I loved. I wanted to make sure I don't let myself get crumpled with anything. I met Monal, she heard me out and gave me the strength I needed," she paused playing with a button of my shirt.

"How is Tanmay now?" She asked. I had zoned out thinking about her brother. Snapping back to senses I confirmed her about Tanmay doing fine with his new found job. She sighed in relief and sat back beside me. Both of us sat staring at the wall in front of us.

"What happened to your job at Mumbai?" She turned towards me.

"Long story!" I pursed my lips.

"Don't tell me, Mr Agarwal propositioned you," she giggled.

"What?" I looked at her in a shock.

"No no, he was not gay thankfully," I raised my brows and she continued to laugh.

I looked at her laugh and my eyes filled with tears. I hugged her and she stopped laughing to hug me back tight.

"Don't disown me anymore, I have no strength to resurrect myself. I have no one other than you on whose shoulder I can lay upon bidding a farewell to all my worries. I am done with crumbling down in the dark all alone, I want you to enter like the beam of light and kill all the demons that reside with me in the darkness," I weeped scoffing for breath. She patted on my back to help me regain my breath.

"I am sorry," she said pulling herself back. She had tears in her eyes.

"There has been a lot you have gone through and somewhere situations gifted both of us with what we went through. I love you Mayank," she held my hand and I looked into her eyes.

It was almost midday when we went down on listening to the door bell ring. I sat on the sofa picking a magazine in my hand while the doorbell rang. Aarti came running from the kitchen tucking her lose ends of hair behind her ears. 

"Come in," she opened the door and Monal stepped in. I got up to see her walk near the sofa.

"The official introduction, this is Mayank," she giggled. Monal smiled with a curt nod. She seemed to know a lot about me. That somewhere was awkward, given a chance I would have ran away from house. The silence between was totally awkward. She finally understood that and went into the kitchen to help Aarti.

Ever since Aarti spoke of Aman, all I wanted to know was the reason behind which he hated me so much. I had hardly met him and yet he had an impression formed about me. I had to sketch a plan to tackle her brother. Knowing that his dad nods his head to everything what Aman said, winning over him would be like the battle won more than half.

Aarti and Monal came laughing holding a tray each with some relsihing food in hand. I smiled at Aarti as she winked at me. That glow on her face was all that I would die for. We three ate while Monal spoke about Delhi and Aarti's stay here. Monal was a lively person. The lines on her face spoke alot about how much she had gone through. I could see where Aarti drew her confidence from. I was glad meeting her.

"So where are you staying now in Delhi? Why don't you move in?" She asked.

"No Monal, I stay at my friend's place," Aarti popped in between
"Dhruv?" She asked and I nodded and continued.