Chapter 3

~Alyssa POV~
It's ten when I wake up, and waking up this morning almost causes me a heart attack, I see Tate sitting on my deskchair. He gives me this breathtaking smile. 'Goodmorning, beautiful.' His voice sounds hoarse, I think it's hot. Beautiful. My heart skips a beat.
'What are you doing here?' I ask.
'Moira let me in.' He says. I'm suprised by the fact that he knows my housekeeper's name. 'I wanted to spend the day with you.'
'Okay!' I say, coming out a little to enthousiastic. 'Wanna have breakfast together first?'
'Sure.' He smiles. I get out of bed, normally I would rip their heads off if someone would see me in my polka dot pyjama. But for whatever reason I'm totally fine with Tate seeing me like this. I walk to the door, only to turn around and see Tate hasn't moved. He stares at me with his dark eyes, biting his bottomlip which wakes up my hormones. 'What are you doing?' I ask him.
'Sorry, I just... I mean, c'mon it's rare that a girl looks so flawless when she's not even ten minutes awake.'
His words make me giggle. He smiles widely hearing that. 'What a lovely sound.'
I shake my head as he follows me to the kitchen. Breakfast is already waiting for us, Moira is nowhere to be found. We eat our breakfast in silence by only exchanging smiles and glances. Suddenly Tate pops up an I-have-an-amazing-idea face. 'Ally,' He says. No one called me Ally before, but I like it. 'Shall we go exploring?'
Exploring? Not the exploring I think he is talking about, right?
'Exploring?' I ask curious.
'The house, I mean.' He states with a smirk, guessing what I've been thinking. I feel the heat filling my face. 'Sounds good.' I say. 'I'll go get dressed.'
I run up the stairs, I don't know what came into me, but ever since Tate came along, everything is different. I decide NOT to go for my regular sweatpants. Instead I throw on my black jeans and my dark blue tanktop, combined with my black all stars. When I rush myself back into the kitchen, Tate is spinning himself around on the bar stool, like a little child. I honestly expect him to call out "whee" any second. I stand in the door frame, watching him. I laugh at this side of this complicated person I've never seen before. 'Having fun?' I laugh as I walk up to him. He stops himself by grabbing the side of the table, giving me this innocent smile, the smile a little child would give you when he got busted doing something he's not allowed to. It's without hesitation the cutest thing I have ever seen. 'So...' I mumble while standing in front of him. Hid eyes get stuck on my kind of deep cleavage. His lips part a little bit as he bites his bottomlip, which makes me bite mine. Tate looks up at me. 'Ever been in the attic?' he asks.
'No.'
He gives me wide smile. 'Shall we? There's some cool stuff on there.'
I frown my eyebrows. How is it that he knows my own house better than I do? 'Tate,... How come you know this house so well?' I ask.
For a second the glance of despair is back, dissapearing as soon as it came. 'I used to live here. Until my mother could'nt afford the house anymore. We moved next door.'
'Wait, our freaky neighbour is,...?' I start.
'My mother.' He fills in.
'So this girl who always breaks in to our house is your sister?'
'Correct. You're a fast learner, Alyssa Jones.'
He knows my last name. I told him my last name only once and he still remembers it. 'It's a gift.' I laugh. He takes my hand nonchalantly in his, playing with my fingers. 'Addie will always find her way in.' he looks up at me. 'Shall we go?'
I nod as he jumps up, leading me to the attic without letting go of my hand. Everytime he touches me it almost feels like I get an electric shock. Even his slightest touch can drive me insane. When we get to the attic, I am slightly shocked, this part of my house doesn't looks like my house. My mother made the houde look happy, fresh, but this part here,... It's dark and dusty. The only light coming from a small window. I watch how Tate wipes the dust of an old box, puts a candle on it and lights it, and puts two pillows next to the box. 'You really planned this all out.' I say as he walks up to me, leading me to the other side of the attic. Oh, the way he walks, it's so relaxed, loose, sexy. I sit down on the pillow next to him, way too close than I should. 'Look.' he says. He puts a little silver box on our what's-supposed-to-be-a-table. 'I found this a while ago, I use to come here when the last owners left.'
I can feel him staring at me, probably trying tl decipher what goes through my mind.
'What's in it?' I ask him. He smiles a little devious at me. 'Let's find out.' Tate opens the box, which is filled with very old photos. He looks at me while getting them out of the box. All of the pictures are the same, except the fact that those are always different woman. Their mouths are cutted open, like the person who did this to them wanted them to die smiling. Their body was chopped in half. Their arms and legs too. We both stare at eachother. 'What is this?' I ask him with a shaky voice, holding the photos in my trembling hands.
'I don't know.' He speaks silently. 'I never opened it before.'
I think Tate gets a little worried about the way I look at the photos. There's a year written on the backsides of them. 1864.
'Did you found all of them here?' I ask him. Tate nods, moving himself closer to me. 'Wanna hear a story?' He asks. I move a little closer to since his voice is barely audible now. 'Yeah?' I say, also barely audible.
'This house is build a very long time ago. People say in 1864, there was a dentist living here. He was good at his job, but... Apparently every patient who was around the age of 18 til 24 got raped by him. Some of them were narcosed way too deeply and when he could'nt wake them up, he used to hire someone to cut apart the bodies and dump them somewhere they were sure of they would be found.'
'Are you for rea-' I get interrupted by a sound. We both turn our heads to see where it comes from. Out of a sudden a red ball rolls into our direction. I hold my breath. Not a second after that there's a loud sound which sounds a lot like someone is pulling on a chain or something. My hand is looking for Tate's in the darkness. He grabs my waist, pulling me closer. The sound seems to come closer. I can feel his cold cheek against my forehead. It almost suffocates me, the way he holds me so close. The rattling sounds get followed by a groan and I scream. Tate covers my mouth with his hand. 'Sshh, Ally, it's okay, I'm here.'
I feel like I turn to stone as I sit there.
'Go away!' Tate shouts at the creature. 'We don't wanna play!' He turns to me. 'Ally, all you gotta say is "go away", and they will. Go away! Say it.'
'G... Go away!' I shout. The sounds stop immediatly. I turn my head to the corner where the sounds came from just a second ago. The inhuman thing is nowhere to be seen. Tate turns to me. 'You okay?'
'I wanna go downstairs. Now.' I say.
He helps me up without losing his grip on me. I try to get loose from his grip but he doesn't give in. Once we stand back in the hallway I turn around to face him, getting loose of his grip on me. 'What was that thing?' I ask him.
His eyes fill themselves with confusion. 'I don't know.'
'You did. How did you know how to make it leave?'
'I don't know.' He repeats.
'STOP LYING TO ME TATE!' I shout. I take my coat and put it on.
'Where are you going?'
'Out of this goddamn place.' Is the last thing I say before leaving him standing there in the hallway.