Chapter Fourteen

Grayson stared at the two-story house painted white. It looked pretty on the outside, and he was sure it looked equally as pretty on the inside. He ran his tongue along his lips, wetting them. His fit figure and black hair was a resemblance of someone inside. His grey eyes kind of piercing like, and unforgettable.

He's a recent college graduate now. He's gone his whole life, but he couldn't hold it off anymore. He's known about this town, this house, for years. He had to see, before he let it all go, he had to meet them. He had to know, it ate at him, kept him up. His fiancé convinced him to go finally, but he knew he would have made this decision on his own.

The question was; would he get out, would he knock on the door? Or would he stare at it as he did the day before and further on? Would he only continue to wonder, as he paid the hotel bill? He had to work up the courage, but he just couldn't. Even though he looked confident and strong, he felt weak during this situation, confused and mixed up...weak. He hated feeling weak, he hated feeling powerless, but nonetheless that's what he is. Eventually he'll have the courage to pull his car door open, walk up to that door, knock on it, and request to see her. He'll say his name, confidently. He'll look into her eyes, he'll ask her why, he'll meet her, and he'll shake her hand... She obviously isn't a piece of trash...

His mother had told him she wasn't. His mother said she was pretty, lived well... She was just young. Very young. He shook his head as his fingers twisted around his steering wheel, his knuckles growing white with the tight grip. He banged on the steering wheel slightly as he thought further into his situation, why he was here.

He was jolted out of his thoughts by a knock on his window. A pretty blonde girl with curious blue eyes was staring in at him. He stared at her breathless for a second, what would he say? She's pretty... Do all the girls here look like that? No, she looks like a one of a kind type of beauty, like she should be in a magazine. He pulled on the switch that rolled the window down, and the pretty blue eyed girl gave him a genuinely soft smile.

"Um, sorry to bother you, but you look rather suspicious in your fancy car here. I was just wondering if you were lost." She cocks her head to the side, and he can't help that his gaze follows her blonde wavy locks that fall to the side... Who is this?

"Um, no I just,"

"I jog down this road and I've seen you stop here every day for the past week. I don't want to get the wrong idea and think you are some kind of psycho, so I thought I'd be brave enough to ask you in person... What are you doing here?" the girl looks sincere, she was serious. He smiled now, at her upfront behavior. As pretty as she was, as delicate as she looked, and soft as she is... She still had the courage to knock on his window... He could learn a thing or two.

"I'm trying to get the courage to walk up to that door there, have been for the past week. Perhaps you could give me some pointers." He let a dazzling perfect grin run across his lips, and she stared at his mouth a moment as she thought about what he said. He could see the wheels turning in her eyes, the confusion on her face... Something else was there too, and he wondered if she was admiring him the way he had been admiring her since she had walked up to his window.

"Well, that's easy. Get out of the car and go up to the door." She looks away from his mouth now with an easy shrug. Her blue eyes hooded as she looks at the house across the street from the house he's trying to pull the courage to knock on the door of. "May I ask why you need courage to knock on the Anderson's door? I know them, and it's not like their scary... Unless you're pronouncing your love for Ashley, but she's a bit young for you I think. Besides, I think she's in a relationship so..."

"It's not like that." He clears his throat, staring at this girl that babbles at him. How does she have the confidence to come up to a stranger's car and just talk about her town like he knows everything already... Pronouncing love to Ashley? He doesn't even know who that is.