Twenty One.

Mercedes Kelly

I pushed the shopping cart as Odell trailed behind me and I looked over my shoulder seeing him mugging me. I laughed and stopped walking making him turn around avoiding my gaze. I grabbed his cheeks and connected my lips too his.

"Baby stop acting like that with me. What's wrong with you anyways?" I pouted at how he was acting.

"I didn't wanna come to the store with you. I was playing my game, minding my business until you came and bothered me. A nigga can't rest for shit."

I was playing with my makeup on my mannequin and saw that I was running out of colors. I wanted more and didn't want to come out by myself so I told Odell to come with. He thinks I'm shopping for clothes but I'm in here for makeup.

"Oh my god, you sound just like a kid." I chuckled shaking my head.

"You got games on your phone?" He wiped his nose with his sleeve from his jacket.

"That's exactly how they be." I nodded my head before laughing again.

"What the fuck Mercedes? I thought you was coming for something to wear not this clown shit." He said snatching the makeup from the basket but I quickly stopped him.

Don't touch my makeup.

He nodded before he grabbed a crop top and threw it in the bag. I scrunched my face up and put it back.

"Why'd you do that? I wanted that." He put it back in the basket.

"What the hell are you going to do with croptop?" I scrunched up my face as I looked at the shirt.

"It's cute. They don't come like this in the Mens department." I laughed and looked him up and downS

I shook my head and walked away from him to go to Sephora in the mall. Not noticing Odell stopped and looked around the mall with a limit of 20 to 30 people. Only in one spot.

All of a sudden he fell out making a compact sound with the ground and everybody's attention turned towards us.

"Ohhh..I'm suing y'all! Ohh, I'm hurt...ohh my neck! My back! My neck and my back! Ohh...I want a hundred and fifty thousand! But we can settle out of court right now, for twenty bucks." Odell recited Friday while acting crazy on the floor.

"Get your punk ass up. It ain't even wet over here. Damn!" I played along making the people around us laugh.

"How about two dollars and a jaw breaker?" More people started to notice him thinking he was serious.

"Odell get up and stop acting like a asshole." I whispered a little loudly to him.

"Ma'am, Is everything okay over here?" The store employee walked over and asked looking at Odell. "Oh gosh it's Odell Beckham."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for the outburst from this fool. Odell get up." I gritted my teeth trying not to laugh as people crowded around this childish fool.

I playfully kicked him before walking around the store. Eventually he hopped back up and signed autographs and took pictures. Odell is a hot mess.

Once he found me he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and kissed my neck.

"I was just playing love." He took the basket running with it and went to the checkout line.

He placed all the stuff on the counter and the lady scanned it. He paid for everything and started to head out until she stopped him.

"I just wanted to tell you that you're such a handsome man." She smirked playing with her curly hair.

"Thanks love. My girlfriend tells me that everyday." He replied pulling me by the waist before I could say something.

"Hmm. You better have had said something before I did." I teased him looking at him drive out of the parking lot.

*

I checked myself in my camera to make sure I was in tact. Odell's message popped up making me sigh out in nervousness.

I was nervous as hell because I was about to meet his mother for the first time. So many thoughts ran through my mind like if this woman didn't accept me for her son. I wouldn't care but it would be best if she liked me.

I gave my ticket to the lady at the door and sat down in the chair once she let me through. I put my phone away and looked around the spacious room. A woman sat with brown and blonde hair covered by her Giants hat. She looked young, but old like he described her so I'm guessing that's his mother.

"Hey are you Macy, Odells girlfriend? I'm Heather, his mother. He told me you'll be here." She smiled sitting down in the seat next to me.

"It's Mercedes. But yeah that's me. It's finally nice to meet you." I chuckled sheepishly holding my hand out.

"I'm sorry about that. In this family we hug girl." She pulled me into her embrace as I sighed out in relief.

"This is my daughter Jasmine and Kordell, his brother and sister." Heather pointed out the two kids who are sitting on the other side.

"Tell me about yourself. How did you and my son meet?"

"Well I'm twenty, Odell and I met a shoe store. It's a crazy story but we made it work though. I was a nurse until I got fired because of Odells ex, who was also my best friend. I guess it's just a story for another time." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I get it baby, it's not the time or place. Especially because people are listening but I do wanna hear about it." She side eyed a girl who quickly left.

I laughed, "She must be a fan or something."

"Of course she is, they're everywhere. I blame myself for Odell looks because he's a blessing and a curse at the same time."

"I know that's right." I laughed shaking my head.

"Boy gone head! You better run Junior." Heather screamed jumping up to the window in front of us.

"He's doing so amazing. I'm so happy at where he's going with his career." I smiled watching him celebrate his touchdown.

"Yes he is. I like you with my son, you're perfect for each other. I hope you stay around long." I twisted my lips but took that as a compliment.

"Thanks Heather." I smiled feeling a wave of nervousness wash away.

"Call me Mama Heather."

"Okay then Mama Heather."

I like that.