Silent Mosaic

Dedicated to my friends for persuading me write again, I reworked this chapter.

“ Abide with thee longer fair maiden! Yourself is as beautiful as the sunset on yonder hills of York. May I ask who art thou?”

“I beg thy pardon, but I must go.” The woman stared at the man with sullen look in her eyes. Clearly she didn’t want to be around this man.

“  Fair maiden! Canst thou stay longer?” The man pleaded with the woman, awestruck by her beauty, he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He outstretched his long arm and grabbed on to her arm. The woman shrieked in terror and slapped the man.

“ Filthy peasant! I haveth no wish to be with you any longer than I have. Get thyself off of me!”

“ Please fair maiden , alloweth me to tell thyself of who I am. I am Matteo Scottsmore, son of Willis Scottsmore and Lady Alice . I am honoured to meet such maiden as thou!”

“Well Matteo, I am Amethyst Mystérieux.” The buxom beauty stared into the soul of the man.

“Amethyst, when may I see thou again?”

Amethyst sighed, and looked at Matteo . Her beautiful dress swept the ground. The silver designs on her dress shimmered the late August sun. She slowly streached her hand out until it fell on to Matteo’s right cheek.  She lifted his face towards her own , and stared into his grayish blue eyes.  Matteo was mesmerized by her own grayish blue eyes, for they had also and hint of hazel in them. Amethyst then took her left hand and stroked his dark hazel hair. She took one more breath before sighing once again.

“ Mortal , I am not like thee." She said with a bewitching smile.

“A-Amethyst? What do ye mean?”

 With that being said Amethyst let go of Matteo’s face , turned, and ran away. Matteo was powerless , he couldn’t do anything. All he could do was yell her name over and over. He cried her name so much that the townsfolk started to look at him in strange way.  Matteo couldn’t move, he was paralyzed by her beauty. He had never seen a person or creature more beautiful than that young lady. Matteo couldn’t help but wonder if he would ever see her again, or what did she mean when she said ‘ Mortal, I am not like thee.’ All that thinking made him cry , for he couldn’t stop thinking of her. Clouds formed in the sky, and it started to rain, nevertheless Matteo just sat down in the market where he had first saw Amethyst. Night came and Matteo still had not moved. 

“ Matteo. . . Matteo . . .” A voice echoed in the distance, it grew louder each time it called out Matteo.

“ Yes? Who doeth call me?”

A figure wearing a black cloak appeared in the distance. Matteo could see that under the cloak was the same silver patterning on Amethyst dress. When he realized this he instantly stood up and ran to the figure.

“ Matteo, thee are still in this  market , why?

“ Amethyst , I haveth never seen such a beautiful maiden." His face was bright red and his ears burned.

“ Matteo . . . I will not love thee for I am only interested in the wealthy such as myself.”  

“ T-that is not a problem. I wilt work until I am rich .”

“ I also only love people with Hazel hair and grayish blue eyes.”

“ Fair maiden, art thou blind?  I have dark hazel hair and grayish blue eyes!” He stared  into her own pair of grayish blue eyes. Their eyes locked and while he was not sure of what she was feeling at the moment , he knew that somehow this girl would forever change his life, and the lives of his descendants. Amethyst took a long deep breath and sighed . Her purple lipstick seemed to glow as she tried to form the words to say.