Chapter 10: Getting Over You

Start from the beginning

"Ok, well since you're a minor, I need a phone number of your mom or dad." I wrote down my dad's number and she left to call him. Since I was stable they let, Collin pass. He ran to my bed and grabbed my hand.

"How you feeling?"

"Better, but my head hurts", I said trying to hide the stitches.

"Well, they called your dad, they said he would be here in like 10 minutes, I should get going, don't want him to think it was my fault, you know since I'm your bad boy boyfriend", he said. I couldn't help but smile. He kissed my forehead, which I thought was sweet, and left. Then Damien walked in.

"I thought you left."

"Why would you think that", he said sitting down.

"Aren't you Collin's ride home?"

"No, he called his mom, you being in the car was the only thing that kept us from fighting, plus I kinda told him I left already."

"Why?"

"He would never let me stay with you alone, or at all."

"So, you gonna tell me what happened." I didn't want to, so the nurse walked in and technically told him for me.

"Good news, the guys who were out jogging when you were out there caught the guy and called the cops, your boyfriend gave his statement. The cops still want your statement and to come down to the sheriff's department to identify your attacker", she said closing the certain and left. She couldn't have said attacker, I prefer Damien thinking he attacked me or tried to mug me than him knowing I was almost raped.

"Glad I wasn't there, I would have gotten arrested for murder or at least attempted murder."

"Why weren't you there, the whole football team was up there jogging."

"I was put off football for fighting with Collin... and punching you", I could hear his voice crack, a tear rolled down his cheek. I wiped it off.

"Don't be cry, because then I cry and I've had enough of tears", I said smiling. I grabbed his hand and we stayed like that until my dad arrived with Kate and Angela. The cops were right behind them following them in.

"Sweetie, they told me you were here are you ok, what happened, are you hurt", dad said; I didn't know which one of his questions to answer first.

"Damien, what are you doing here", Angela said crossing her arms.

"Oh honey are you ok", Kate asked. I thought they only allowed two people, I guess I was wrong. I was bombarded with questions left and right.

"Can you guys take a chill pill, my head still hurts." I looked at Damien and he knew exactly what I was thinking of.

"Let's go to the waiting room babe, I'll explain to you everything", he said grabbing Angela's hand and leading her out. Now if just Kate would follow.

"Ugh, I can't do this I'm going outside tell me when everything is less chaotic", Kate said leaving back to car.

"Now that it's only me, the cops and you; you want to tell me what happened?"

"I went out jogging with and I bumped into my best friend's mom and we jogged it up a steep hill, I decided to stay and enjoy the view, but then I heard a noise in the bushes so I decided to start walking back down, but I kept hearing footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw no one was there, before I knew it someone put their hands around my waist and mouth, I tried to wiggle away, but he threw me on the ground and my head hit on a rock. He didn't manage to do what he wanted to, but he did rip my shirt."