Chapter 26: A Sibling's Bond

Start from the beginning

What did anyone expect?

I shake my head, staying in the shower.

After about half an hour, I turn the water off, and grab my towel.

Slowly, I dry myself off, changing into a different pair of Lululemon sweats and a red Blackhawks dri-fit t-shirt.

I quickly brush my teeth, and take another few gulps of water.

Hydrating has always played a crucial part in recovering from hangovers.

With that, I head back into the main part of the bedroom, and swing the door open.

I make my way down the bright hallway, and over to the stairs.

Once I get about halfway down the stairs, I can hear female voices in the apartment from below.

I continue my way down, and notice a group of girls all huddled around the dinner table, papers, laptops, and other office supplies all scattered around everywhere.

"Morning," I say, my voice plain.

"Ah, there he is!" A female voice says, laughing.

I look over to the group of girls, and I realize I recognize all of them.

Erica, Jessica, Jackie, Natalie, Chaunette, Abigail, my mom, and Abby's mom, Angela, are all looking across the floor at me.

"Now whose the hungover one?" Abigail winks, smirking.

I make my way over to them, laughing as I do so.

I greet all the girls, hugging each one.

I plop down on a chair next to Abigail, throw my arm around her loosely, and press a kiss against her cheek gently.

"How was your night, Patrick?" Angela asks, smiling down at me.

"It was a lot of fun." I say, smiling.

"I'm glad you had fun, love. The girls and I are all just working out some of the wedding details." My mom says, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to that." I joke, laughing.

They all laugh with me.

"Did Andrew behave last night?" Chaunette asks, laughing from across the table.

Flashes of Andrew getting multiple dances and cheering on the strippers come flooding back to me.

"Oh yeah. He was great." I nod, smiling.

"I'm surprised you're up already, when I got up this morning to come over here, he was still passed out." Chaunette says, giggling.

"That's Shawzy for you." Jackie shrugs, laughing.

I laugh too, getting up from my chair slowly.

"Can I get you anything, love?" Abby asks, as I get up.

"Thank-you, but I'm fine." I say, making my way over to the kitchen.

"Here Pat, let me make you some coffee." My mom says, following me into the kitchen.

I shrug, in agreement.

"Thanks Mom." I say, sitting down at a barstool in the kitchen.

Within a few minutes, my mom has made me a nice cup of coffee, and has gone right back to the dinner table to help planning.

The girls all chat non-stop, for at least an hour.

I am lying on the couch, trying to block out the constant chatter of the girls at the table.