Kissing Prompt #20: Exhausted Parents Kiss

Prompt #20: Exhausted Parents Kiss
Summary: Anne's fever has finally broken.
Pairing: Adrienette
Word Count: 341
Notes: Yaaaay! *grins* A kiss I felt comfortable writing! xD Thank you!

Adrien summoned all of his Chat Noir stealth as he crept out of Anne's room, closing the door behind him with a soft click. He didn't dare to step any louder than a mouse as he swept through the hallway into the living room; he didn't want to wake up his baby girl accidentally, especially when she was sick.

Marionette was in the kitchen; he could hear her opening and closing the cupboards. He changed course from the living room to the kitchen, and when he arrived there, he watched as she pulled the dishes they had studiously ignored for the last couple of days out of the sink and into the cupboards.

Bless her; he'd go insane without her. He smiled a little and leaned against the counter, breaking into a yawn though he tried to stop it. She turned around, and her eyes locked with his.

She looked just as tired as he felt; though it was no wonder. They'd both taken shifts watching Anne throughout the last four nights, and it looked like it was finally catching up on them.

"She's asleep?" Marionette asked, walking over to him and laying her head against his shoulder. His arms came up to encircle her as he nodded.

"Mm-hmm."

She sighed. "Thank goodness her fever broke. I know the doctor said not to worry, but..."

He understood. Originally, they weren't even sure that she could even get pregnant, what with all the injuries she took on over the years. For Anne to come when she had... it had been a blessing. It was understandable she was worried; he'd been worried out of his mind too, even though rationally he knew it was just a fever.

She pulled away, but before he could bring her back, her lips were pressing against his softly, and his eyes were fluttering shut. She pulled away and wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her forehead against the crook of his neck.

His eyes closed again and they just stood there like that for a while.