Chapter 19. Skylar's Decision.

Recap

"Skylar, I want you to know that even though it's only been a day since you left. It was the hardest and longest day, I've ever gone through. I miss you like crazy, and it hurts to know that you are no longer mine. I never cheated, on you with Eleanor. That is a very old picture, that she took of us. She was just trying to ruin you, and I, and I don't want something as fake as her, to tear us apart. I love you Skylar. Will you take me back, Now and Forever?"

~*~

Niall's Point of View

So this is what we're doing in America. Louis getting Skylar back. When she opened that door, I wasn't expecting to see Skylar standing there. In fact I didn't know what to expect. Louis never done anything like this.

"...Now and Forever?" Louis ended his speech, while holding the promise ring up towards Skylar. I have to admit, it is the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed.  I watched Skylar, trying to find whatever emotion she had running through her, but she was completely unreadable.

"It's not what you think. It's a promise ring." Louis said, trying to reassure her.

I watched for Skylar to show any emotion at all but she wouldn't even look at us. The entire time that Louis sang to her, while I played the guitar, she just stared at the floor. When Louis gave his speech for her, she just looked past us out to the road, and has been sense. Her expression unreadable. She's showing no emotion at all. 

Silence began to over take us, and I wondered who would be the first to break it, Skylar, or Louis. I stood there watching Louis, as he stared at Skylar, for any sign of movement. After a good while of silence, and no response Louis face began to change from hopeful to worried. A sudden cough broke me from my stare. I quickly turned my head to look at Skylar. She had turned around in her doorway, about ready to walk back in.

"Niall."

"Yes?" I said.

"Can I," She paused for a moment. "Can I, speak with you? Alone." I looked over to Louis, and he looked as if he was on the verge of tears.

"Y-Yeah." I walked into Skylar's house, and turned to look back at Louis. He had gotten up and was now pacing back and forth along the sidewalk. I felt terrible for him, but turned back to find out what Skylar wanted to talk to me about.

I sat next to Skylar waiting for her to speak. Once again Skylar was staring off into space, as if she was oblivious to what was going on.

"Sky, look at me." I placed my hand on her shoulder to turn her towards me. She kept her down, attempting to avoid looking at me. I  put my fingers under her chin making her look up. She had tears falling out of her eyes. She was broken and it was clear as day to see it.

"I'm sorry Niall." She said, as reached over to hug me

"What are you sorry for love?" I asked.

"Anything, and everything." She replied.

"Skylar, you did nothing wrong." I said. I pulled her onto my lap and let her cry into my shoulder. It took her a good 10 minutes for her to calm down. She hasn't let go of me, and I haven't let go of her. I feel bad for her, she's hurting so much, over something that I still don't even know whether it is true or not. I can't seem to think that Louis would ever cheat, but Skylar didn't either. If it's hurting her this much, there must be more behind it.

"Is it true Niall?" She asked.

"Is what true?" I asked.

"Was it really Eleanor messing with us, or did he cheat?"