Chapter 2

SMACK!!! "ouch!!! Not again Mark" I screamed Iike I did every other day. " The earliest pirate to rise gets all the prize." sang Mark  as he made his way out the cabin. I remained on the bed baffled, for I was not able to tell for sure if I had a weird dream or if I had actually witnessed Captain Morgan talking to himself last night. " You got to see this ye" interrupted Mark, with a cheerful grin. Curious to see what he was talking about, I too made my way out of the cabin. 

"The earliest pirate to rise gets all the prize, ho! ho! But Pirate Skull gets it all even if he slept in." Sang Mark as I walked out of the cabin. " Why you so happy today Mark?" I questioned Mark , as it was very unusual to see the ever cranky Mark in a good mood. Mark was said to be the oldest crew member of the Skull Pirate Gang. As far as I heard,Pirate Morgan Skull was the only son of the greatest Pirate Black Skull. Mark and Black had been best friends. Black  had died while fighting with the captain of another Pirate gang dedicating his life trying to uphold the honor of the Skull Gang.  Since the death of Black ,Mark had played the role of the Skull gang captain, but once Morgan reached maturity, he gave up his position to its rightful heir. Although the young playful Morgan had insisted that Mark upholds the position for a few more years. Mark had denied the offer.

 Ever since that day Mark has been enjoying luxury in the ship, as Morgan does all he could do to fulfill all the dreams of Mark, the man he looked up to as his father. However, the rest of the crew  say that old age has affected the memory and intellect of Mark , as sometimes he is found to be saying the most illogical statements. Everyone in the crew blamed Morgan for undertaking  this dangerous voyage merely trusting the tales told by Mark. Nevertheless deep down all of them secretly wished that the treasure was  real.

"Why ye still standing there Joey? Come here boy, look what I caught! " shouted Mark. I walked  closer to him, only to find him cutting open into a fish around 10 feet long." woah! what a big beautiful beast! come let us all feast." said Rong , while he ran his finger along the slippery body of the Fish. And to make matters more disgusting he kissed the fish while scraping  the scales off the fish.  "YAAAAA!!!! ROG! AGAIN! AGAIN!!  screamed the crew, I turned away trying to stop myself from vomiting. Noticing my behavior, Rong walked upto me, with fresh blood dripping down the sides of his mouth. He brought his face closer to my ears, until I could hear his heavy breathing. "You see jona, you gotto make use of these." He said, while pointing at his golden fangs. " it's joe! " I said with an annoyed tone. I turned around and  made my way back to the cabin before he could say anything. I slammed the door shut trying to  block out the laughter of all the crew.

 I slammed the door shut trying to  block out the laughter of all the crew

Rong had been behaving like a typical bully, ever since I joined the crew. I think his enmity towards me is kindled by the special treatment I get from Mark. This time he's probably upset because Mark called out to me to show the fish, while Rong wasn't. It doesn't make any sense. Could Tom, be actually right?  Tom , one my crew buddy said, that Captain Morgan was looking forward for an early retirement and thus was looking for the next potential captain. Undoubtedly It had been Rong, until I came along. Rong feels threatened that he might lose his future of being a captain because of me. Erghh!Only if Rong knew my other plans! "Fate has its own course." I whispered to myself while I opened the door to head out again.

Phew! Finally another chapter after ages!!! The material is not checked or edited. But I believe it's still "readable" :P So ignore the mistakes and focus on the content. =D And feel free to drop in any suggestions :) I hope I get time to work on another chapter soon :)