Wait a minute, that's it! I imagined a light bulb materializing right on top of my head.

"Hey Will, c'mere a sec." I beckoned him over with a short wave of my hand. He sighed and rolled his eyes, but made his way over - his bag slung over one shoulder. I knew what he was thinking. He must be lamenting about me having another "one of his 'marvelous' ideas that never work". Well, he'll be surprised this time, this is my best one yet!

Since he's a little (OK, half a head) taller than me - what? He's the one who's abnormally tall - Will had to bend a little sideways to hear of my ingenious plan.

"Are you sure this would work?" he asked dubiously, but there was a slight smile creeping up his lips.

"Of course! It would make Giselle come back to you like a little puppy, hundred percent guarantee!" I held my hand up to my forehead, four fingers spread out, as if signalling scout's honor. I was not talking about the getting Giselle back part of course. But it would give me sweet sweet pleasure to watch her face when she sees Will's arm around another girl later.

William snorted. I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What's so funny huh?"

He just pointed at my still raised hand and managed to choke out the words "Scout's... honor..." between the laughs that were vibrating throughout his whole body.

Isn't this the proper salute for scouts? I should know, I was one for the whole of middle school. Whereas he had never been one. Imagine William Davis, captain of the varsity basketball team, a scout! I repeated the same question to him.

Instead of answering me, his gaze fell on something behind me. The mildly amused smile was replaced by a look of unease.

"Er, I have to go. See ya later, Sir!" he imitated my salute with a barely suppressed smile as he walked briskly away. I looked over my shoulders, just in time to see a horde of sophomores apprehending me with screams of "Oh my goodness! I got him! I got him!"

William

I've put some distance between me and Aaron just before the crazy stalkerish girls could catch me. I felt a little bad for Aaron though, his screams and curses (at me) could be heard all the way from the locker area to the science lab. Don't these creepy girls have anything better to do besides taking unauthorised pictures of us basketball dudes and then gathering and whisper loudly about us fifteen feet away.

I just... needed some time to think about what he had proposed. For the first time, that idea didn't sound as bad as it should be coming from Aaron. But will it work? I sat down at my seat in the biology lab. The pair of intriguing blue eyes flashed across my mind again, I could make out the existence of secrets glimmering beneath those deep irises.

Well, I have to give it a try don't I? The idea seemed... fun. Besides, I really want to get to know her, Willow. This is the first time I've felt a nagging feeling that I just had to know that girl. I wanted to know all her secrets, what does she like to do? Does she like music? How are her parents like?