Hello i'm Dr. Reed

Start from the beginning

suddenly i felt a sharp thing on my neck.

"if you move or yell again. i'm gonna cut your throat understood!" he said in my ear making my heart stop for a moment and sink in the information.

Suddenly like a miracle and i know it was, people came in the room and snatched the man from above me, and like air after almost being drowned i could breath listening to the cried of my two best friends crawling me and hugging me to them.

After that..... darkness.

..............

Tears, in my eyes, in my mother's and my father's. we were all crying.

"they saved me" i whispered and the nodded taking deep breaths and smiling at me. I've never seen my dad cry so much in my life.

"they did, i will own them forever" He whispered taking my head to his list and kissing it, and just like with mom, i felt peace.

After some more tears and relief talk my stomach grumbled and the nurse announced my best friends were there. But the Doctor had orders that i should just eat and sleep for the day giving me the information that he would be there tomorrow for a check up.

After some meal with both my parents and my mother knitting all night my father went to my house for some clothes and make up, i had a pretty bruised up face and i wanted to cover some of it for the countless visits.

I had a dreamless night in company of my mom and the television, once up i went to the shower with a nurse assisting me and my mother washing my hair, i needed to feel clean and renewed, after an awful night. My friend kept waiting for the nurses to let them enter my room and once they came in, tears overflowed again and more smiling came too, after all i was alive and safe and sound.

"i'm so so very sorry." Jo said hugging me to her as i pondered why would she feel guilty. She and Azula brought me some present and flowers, some chocolate for my boredom cravings and we just talked and laughed for the remain of the afternoon reminding them that the 'accident' was not their fault or mine...

"it's not your fault, it's anybody's but that sick man" i said and my voice was filled with venom.

" And so that you know he is prision, the thing was, he had a lot more victims and they were looking for him." she said and all i could think was how normal and nice he seemed when he approached me.

i was confused and hurt, that people like him would exist and still live among us. In the middle of the conversation a blonde petit nurse came in smiling at a tall man, dark blonde hair and beard, square jaw, amazing smile and the best of all, striking sky blue eyes.

"hello...Miss Hawk, i'm sorry to interrupt but i'm Dr, Alex Reed and i'm the one in charge of your case" The pearly white smile only seemed to get bigger by the time and my two best friends kept giving me suggestive glances.

After his introduction and a lot of blushing from my part he asked my friend to wait outside because he needed to ask some question and see my state. They kissed me goodbye and told me that they would be there tomorrow again.

He seemed to be in his mid to late 30's but oh my! he was fine. a lot older than my 20 years but he still was the first man to inflict so much interest in my head.

I just innocently glanced at his left hand in search of a wedding band and....Bingo! none. I knew that it was impossible but it was worth a platonic crush.

"ok, now lay on your side and lift your shirt" he said, and his voice made him more irresistible. for me anyway. I hadn't realized that there was a deep cut at the side of my ribs, my left side had a white bandage and some wrapping, it looked serious, trying not to remember how this was done i just listened to him.

"ok." i timidly answered following his command. My hands were shaking pretty badly and he noticed that helping me with the task.

"hmm, it's going to hurt a bit but i have to get this bandage out" he said, and i wondered if this was actually his work, after all there was a nurse at his side.

"Sssttt" i yelled and turned into a tomato, looking at his laughing face. he had such nice eyes, very gentle and personal gaze. like he was looking into my every thought. His smile only added to his handsomeness and i just couldn't help myself but declare myself in love... only in my thoughts to make that clear.

"i'm sorry miss, it just had to be done" he said and continued his work while the blonde nurse laughed at the scene.

"huh ok, this mmm God" i said as he cut the stitches and took a new one.

"you were out for two days Amelia" he said and i loved how my name sounded in his perfect lips, so soft and homey.

"Oh, really?" i just looked surprised because no one told me that, people seemed to treat me like i was made of glass now.

"yes, you-you well, i have to ask you to see a colleague of mine. A psychiatrist" he seemed uncomfortable talking to me now, that he brought up my mental health.

"Dr, i will do what you feel like is correct, but i have to say, even if my depression...documents or whatever were informed to you, i will be alright, i'm strong, and what happened could of been a lot worse" i said and his eyes went open with his mouth, feeling embarrassed from what i could see.

"i didn't meant to offend you, sometimes i cannot handle this situations very well. But i'm working on it." he kept looking into my eyes and it was my turn to blush as the intensity of his eyes were making me feel almost vulnerable.

I kept my mouth shut and he just worked on my wound. i could not help myself but glance at him from time to time to only meet his eyes already staring at me and making it much more forbidden.

After all he was my Doctor.

"so, what do you do Amelia" he asked after some uncomfortable minutes of silence.

"I'm studying, to be a teacher" i said and turned my head to the other side. i just couldn't see him look at me with those eyes, it was making me nervous.

"that's nice. what year?" he asked again and i felt his hand slowly caressing the bandaged area. it just just a simple hand on the wound making some pressure but my mind registered like a 'caress'.

"sophomore" i answered and taking a deep breath i looked at him. He was tall as in 6 foot 3 and had a really nice body from what i could see, he had a light blue button up and black slacks underneath his white coat. he was smiling and i could tell that he knew i just 'checked him out'.

"ok all done Miss Hawk, i really do imagine you being a fantastic teacher" he said and left the room, leaving me with the nurse smiling at me.

"he really is a charmer isn't he?" she said and i just had my mouth gape open at her suggestion.

"excuse me?" i said with a shocked expression, she was giving me a knowing smile and i took the covers of the bed to somehow cover myself and not be so transparent in my expressions.

"sweetie if it helps you, every woman in this hospital feels the same" and with that she turned to leave the room, making it possible for my parents to return.

Once they fed me and gave me my laptop, i went and read some e-mails and Facebook messages from people asking for me, i took some of the left work and read some more later, i took my Barbara Wood novel and read until it was late night and the clinic was slowly shifting to it's night state.

Gripping my left side i felt a sharp pain and some of it in my entire body, not wanting to worry my parents i took some of the meds the nurses left and glanced at my mother peacefully sleeping on the couch, while my father was on the seat watching some movie on his ipad. The pain had been there since that afternoon but it became impossible to even read as it took power of my entire body and my head.