Witchy Way

Witchcraft means, broadly, the practice of, and belief in magical skills and abilities that are able to be exercised individually. There are designated social groups, or persons with the necessary esoteric secret knowledge, which is just another religion over something stupid, that practice this skill called witchcraft. This special craft is a complex concept. It varies with the different cultures and societies that have adopted it, so it is difficult to define specifically. And it states that cross-cultural assumptions about the meaning or significance of the term should be applied with caution. Witchcraft is usually occupies a religious, divinatory, or medicinal role, and is often used in societies and groups whose cultural framework, includes a magical worldview, meaning they believe in the mythical things. Even though witchcraft can often share common ground with related concepts such as sorcery, and other paranormals, it is found to be different from the others by sociologists and anthropologists.

Throughout history the label of "witch" has been applied to people who influence the mind, body, or property of others against their will. Today some commentators believe that the evil nature of witchcraft is a Christian projection. A person using another person's body or property against their will was clearly stated in many religions, as traditions in both folk magic and religious magic have the purpose of countering devious magic or identifying devious magic users. And many of the fatal diseases, sickness in animals, bad luck, sudden death, impotence and other such bad things, were thought to be the cause of evil magic users. Witchcraft was thought to be more of a helpful and socially acceptable sort of magic. It was also thought to turn the malevolence aside, or identify the supposed evil-doer so that punishment may be carried out. There has also existed in popular belief the concept of white witches, which in only benevolent. Many neopagan witches strongly identify with this concept, and profess ethical codes that prevent them from performing magic on a person without their request, when they are asked to cast a spell to benefit the person asking for assistance.

It is one of the most obvious character that of a witch, the ability to cast a spell. This word, SPELL, being the word used to signify the means employed to carry out a magical action. It can consist of a set of words, a formula, a verse, a ritual action, or just a combination of any one of these. Spells are said to be cast by many methods, such as the inscriptions of runes on a selected object. They do this to give the object at hand powers. Other ways of casting a spell are, binding of a wax or clay image of a person to affect him or her magically; by the recitation of incantations; by the performance of physical rituals; by the employment of magical herbs as amulets or potions; by gazing at mirrors, swords or other specula for purposes of divination; and many more. But there are other things to use other than just inanimate objects. The dead.

Necromancy is the practice of conjuring the spirits of the dead for divination or prophecy. But the term of Necromancy, has been applied to raising for other purposes. It was even brought up in the Bible. The Witch of Endor performed necromancy. Necromancy is also among the witchcraft practices condemned by fric of Eynsham. It was said, "Witches still go to cross-roads and to heathen burials with their delusive magic and call to the devil; and he comes to them in the likeness of man that is buried there, as if he arise from death."

And being accused of doing such things could get you in trouble. Eva Pocs states that reasons for accusations of witchcraft fall into four general categories: 1) a person was caught in the act of positive or negative sorcery, 2) a well-meaning sorcerer or healer who lost their clients' or the authorities' trust, 3) a person did nothing more than gain the enmity of their neighbours, meaning their neighbours started to become hostile, and lastly 4) a person was reputed to be a witch and surrounded with an aura of witch-beliefs. If you were accused of any of these you would be given a sentence of death, or worse torture. You were also labeled if you were found guilty. You could be classified as a "neighbourhood witch" or "social witch", which was a witch who curses a neighbour following some conflict. You could also be labeled a "magical" or "sorcerer" witch, which was normally just a normal person who was a close friend/servant. And last you could be labeled a "supernatural" or "night" witch. These people were portrayed in court narratives as a demon appearing in visions and dreams.

And although witchcraft may seem as though it is all about herbs and being laid back, their were some serious accusations, or fingers pointed. People were executed and lives destroyed because of some of these crazy tall tails.