So I accepted his taunts.

Not bothering to get worked up, I pulled back out and searched for another space. When I found one, it was further away from the school and a short running distance. My hand grabbed onto my bag, and I hesitated with a sigh before bolting out of my car and locking it behind me.

By the time I stood safely under cover, I was soaked. My hoodie, that usually hung off my body, clung to my figure, as well as my long pants. I wringed them both as much as I could and folded up the sleeves.

By the time I was finished the warning bell for roll call rang out and I gasped. Uncaring about the clothes, I sprinted toward my class in a last effort to not arrive as late as I hoped.

I knew I would have gotten there if it weren't for the sudden wedge in the ground. I cried out before hurtling to the ground, bracing my elbows for the blow. When it came, I gasped in pain, hissing a harsh breath through my teeth. My shoulder ached and I could feel the sting of teared skin on my elbows.

I tried my best to not let it get to me and ignored the pricks of my eyes.

I slowly pushed myself up, my knees wobbling and my arms shaking beneath my weight.

Your fat, that's why you can't hold yourself up, a voice whispered in my head.

I blinked, shaking the thought from my head and grabbed my small backpack with shredded hands. I tried not to show how much the fall had effected me, and how much harder it was to stand up and move each day. My body was weakening and becoming more drowsy, while the whispering voice in the back of my head became stronger and stronger.

This was a state I didn't want Cobalt to see me at all.

My luck - not that I ever had any to begin with - disappeared as my eyes met steely blue ones. My heart rate doubled when I recognized them as Cobalt's and lowered my eyes to the floor instantly. My eyes skimmed the red stain on the concrete, shuddering when I realized it was my blood.

There was no student that I could see and all around me was silence. Slowly, as if I didn't want to alarm Cobalt and launch him into a sudden attack, I shifted the bag onto my back. My bones felt as if they couldn't hold me up but I tried not to tremble in front of him.

I looked back up at him behind a curtain of hair and he watched me with that gaurded expression he wore. There was no flash of guilt, no flash of regret. Nothing.

It was as if his feelings were caged off by a wall of steel.

Each time I looked into those soulless blue eyes, I wanted myself to believe that everytime my back turned, he felt remorseful. I wanted him to feel terrible for all the pain and terror he had inflicted on me, but nothing ever passed through those shuttered steely eyes.

His mouth twitched into a smirk as I backed away from him.

"You should watch where you step." His deep voice spoke darkly. His eyes glimmered with trouble and a shot of fear shot through me and almost had me sprinting as far away as I could. But before I could even begin to think of an escape plan, there was suddenly an elbow that forced me forward and back toward the concrete. I let out a terrified yelp and my chin scraped against the cold hard floor. More pain had tears escaping from my eyes and landing on my cheeks. My breath came out in short, harsh pants and I gingerly touched my chin, feeling liquid touch my fingers.

The contact hurt, but not as much as the two laughing boys that walked away, their heads thrown back as they bellowed out laughter.

Then, like an avalanche, I was sprung with a sudden influx of emotions. Lonliness, pain, desperation and sadness, all mixed into one tight ball that sat in the middle of my chest. It was constricting me and the only way I found I could somewhat release it was with a cry.