Chapter 5

I went in my room. I heard someone knocked on my door.

"Come in."

It was my mom.

"Hey sweetie. Is everything alright? I noticed you a little quiet and sad lately. Do you want to talk about anything??"

I knew she's going to ask what happened.

Especially when someone asked me if I'm okay, there is when it hurts the most. But I didn't loose hope. I still believed in Stacy. And I know she does too.

"Yes mom. I'm okay. Just a little exhausted. I'm going to bed."

"Are you sure that you don't want to talk about anything??"

"Yes mom. I'm sure. I'm ALRIGHT! Stop bothering me. That makes me more exhausted that I already are. Can you please leave mom. I'm going to feel better when I'm alone."

"Alright, if you want so. Then I'm out. But remember, anything you want to talk about. I'm here for you always."

Finally she left my room. I didn't like to talk about my problems with Stacy, because I knew she's going to start with her stories that Stacy's not a good friend. And all those stupid things about it. And I know Stacy has a loving and caring side beside her dark side.

I went to sleep...

7o'clock...
My alarm beeped and I woke up and I went downstairs. And I heard someone screaming my name. I hurried up to go downstairs. And I heard the screaming coming from the bathroom.

"Emily!!!!!! I'm in the bathroom. Help me!!"

I went in the bathroom and I saw my mom. I scared!!
"Mom!!! What happened? Are you hurt??!!"

"Emily!! Call the ambulance. I'm not feeling well."

"Okay mom. I'll be right back. Keep calm!!!"

I ran to call the ambulance.

I typed the number in... 911...

I called the ambulance. I ran back to see my mom. I saw her screaming of pain in the bathroom.

"Mom, they said they're on their way. But in all that where is dad, Ed and Patrick??!"

"They went earlier."

Suddenly... I heard the sirens of the ambulance. I ran to the door. I opened the door. The sir and his partner came in.

"Hi. You are Emily right??"

"Yes. Please come over here... She's in the bathroom."

"Okay thank you. We will bring your mother to the hospital. We need to do an examination to see what actually happened to her. Because she can't feel her legs. That's a really complicated issue."

"Okay, but can I go too?! I need to stick with her."

"I understand your feelings but you can't see her at that moment. When we're ready with the examination, you can see her again."

"Alright but I'm going too anyway."

"If you insist..."

I was at the hospital, nervously. waiting for the doctors. I called my dad to say him what happened. My dad said he's on his way to the hospital. I didn't really wanted to let him be nervous. I didn't tell him about everything 'cause I knew he's gonna be more nervous than he already is.

He arrived...

"Dad, thank God you're here! Mom needed to do an examination. Cause she couldn't feel her legs."

I burst in tears...And my dad hugged me.

"Don't cry sweetheart. Every thing is gonna be aright. You'll see..."

"But what if mom can never walk again?? What's going to happen than??"

My dad kept quiet. I think that he didn't even know what to say about it...

30 minutes later...

The doctor approached us.

"Families of Ms Frankford??"

"Yes doctor. Here we are. How's my mom going??!"

"Well, I'm sorry to say this but your mom can't walk anymore. She doesn't feel her legs. We couldn't do anything at the moment. I'm sorry."

I bursted crying. My dad was in tears too.

"Can we see her??" My dad asked the doctor.

"Yes. She's in room 436."

I was really sad. I didn't know what to do. I felt that I hadn't the enough energy to see her. But deep inside me, I wanted to see her though.

"Are you coming with me sweetheart? I need someone like you to help me in this hard moment. And I know it's hard for you too but we need to stick together and be strong for mom. Deal?!"

I nodded to my dad because I even hadn't the strength to talk...