"N-No ... I'll be back soon." Hopefully. There was no time for other words, Sebastian tugged at my hand to pull me in the direction of his car, which was parked right outside. The first thing my mom taught me was to never get into a car with a man I couldn't trust. But I'm sure she'll understand when she realizes I only did it to save her life and Adam's. I just hoped the cops in this Godforsaken town still knew how to do their job.

💫💫

When your alleged boyfriend – since technically there wasn't a true breakup – takes you to a secret corner of a park, you should normally feel excited to spend some time alone with him. But when said boyfriend, or rather ex – because the breakup might have not been official, but as far as I'm concerned there was one – takes you to the farthest corner of said park, namely the sketchy side where nobody dares walk into, you start mentally praying for a merciful jogger to at least cover your dead body when they find it at 6 am. 

More than that, when, on the way to said corner of the park, you pass dodgy hooded men that likely belong to a gang and/or are drug dealers, yet none of them says a word, you start realizing that maybe "your ex is a true kingpin in New York" was an understatement. Because when drug dealers miles and miles away from your city move to let you pass through their territory without even asking who you are, then maybe you're more than the Tony Montana of New York, as Adam put it, you're Michael Fucking Corleone.

Sebastian only stopped when we reached a dirty abandoned bench hidden deep in the park, surrounded by trees and with no lamppost around. "Just a second." He mentioned gently, as if he hadn't just abducted me. He left me there standing to go to the bench, and I tried hard not to screech at the sight of the object that until now I had only assumed he was carrying. 

Thinking he had a gun was scary, but seeing it protrude from behind his back, tucked behind his shirt made me feel like fainting. It wasn't the first gun I ever saw in my life, but there's a difference between the one securely tucked in a cop's holster and the one your psychotic criminal ex might start wielding in a minute just for you.

And yet, much to my surprise, Sebastian didn't do anything of what I expected. I wasn't even sure what I did expect, but it certainly wasn't for him to carefully sanitize that horrid bench, place his jacket on it, and turn to me with the smile I had started falling in love with until a few months ago. "Now you can sit." He claimed, extending his arm for me to reach him.

I didn't argue, I merely walked over to him, and when he made me sit on the part of the bench that was covered by his jacket, I didn't say anything either. He sat next to me without worrying about germs and certainly not about anyone seeing his gun either. We were completely isolated, after all. In this side of the park vegetation was so thick that not even a random Google satellite could see us.

"So ..." Sebastian tilted his head to the side, leaning his elbow on the bench just enough to be closer to me, yet not completely invade my space. "I think I owe you a few answers."

"Not really." I mumbled, not daring to look him in the eyes but keeping my gaze on my lap, kind of wondering whether he'd be so heartless as to kill his child, too.

"You don't have any questions?" Sebastian wondered, sounding genuinely surprised.

"Nope." I didn't want to say or ask anything that would make him trigger-happy.

As if he'd read my mind, Sebastian cracked a small smile, and I flinched when he reached behind his back. When he showed me his gun, I almost fell off the bench in a fool attempt at trying to get away from it, but right then I realized he was still holding me. "This isn't for you." Sebastian claimed, hinting at the gun.