46a- Over

Green. And a pain, so cruel it brought her to tears. Such betrayal of trust, of love. But then it was gone, her grief, anger, pain; all gone. But not the guilt; no, that was still there. Harsh as the knife and bitter as the end. Her life had left as she screamed, begging for mercy, angry at herself. What had she done?

Andromeda Tonks fell to the floor, no light in her once soft eyes. The screams of her grandchildren were the last things she'd ever hear, the grandchildren she hadn't been able to save. Heavy footsteps continued away from her, up the stairs, towards the bedroom. The door flew open, and the twin's screams grew louder as they realised it was no joke. It was the end.

*

"Remus!" Dora screamed her husband's name as she ran through the falling castle of Hogwarts. Debris and bodies littered the floor around her as she sprinted through the clouds of dust, searching desperately for the father of her children. She called his name again, trying to keep calm as she ducked and weaved her way through the jets of red and green, occasionally firing some of her own.

And then she saw him, duelling with the grizzled Death Eater she recognised as Antonin Dolohov in the centre of the courtyard. Remus's eyes flickered once in her direction when he heard his name. It was too quick.

The spell had hit him before he had time to dodge, sending unbelievable pain crawling through his skin. The cold stone of the ground snapped him out of his shock, but only for a second.

It was all happening in slow motion for Dora, like a nightmare that wakes you up in a cold sweat with tears running down your face. Someone was screaming. Lots of people were screaming, but all she could hear was one. Her. But her voice...it sounded so empty. It was over, she had lost him, the man she taught to love. The father, the lover, the friend; the sunlight in her dark world. He lay limp upon the floor, the green all that he saw before he died.

It had left her before she could stop it. A blood red jet of light shot through the air, whistling like a firework before it hit its target. Dolohov was blasted clean off the floor, but Dora didn't see. She was already curled up in a heap on the ground beside Remus, crying more than she even thought possible. His whispered name left her trembling lips time after time, not even hearable over the commotion of the fights. She leant over his chest, soaking his jumper in tears as her head touched him. Nothing. No sound to comfort her, to listen to as she fell asleep. Just silence.

His eyes were cold, blank as she met them for a final time, staring up at the fire filled sky. The warm chocolate brown had lost its spark, forever dull and lifeless. She threw her head back and screamed, louder and more full of grief than any other noise she had ever made before. Her head was a scary mix of emotions as she curled over herself, pulling at her hair and sobbing uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I love you." She whispered into his ear, though she knew he could never hear her say that again, "I'll try and be strong, for you. I'm so sorry."

She got up and stumbled away, no sound touching her ears and her hair crisp brown. But she soon saw a terrifyingly familiar sight. Striding out of the dust clouds, a proud smirk on his face, was Matty.

"Hello Nymphadora." He smirked, the triumph in his eyes shining brighter as she took a step back, limbs unresponsive in her sadness, "What's wrong? Your little doggy had to be put down?" She flinched at his cruel words, tears still flowing freely down her face.

"What do you want?" She asked icily, gripping her wand tightly in her pocket but not yet pulling it on him. He walked closer, holding his hands up with a serene smile on his dark features. When he was a couple of metres away from Dora, the young woman went to take a step back, but only to find a wall pressed onto her shoulder blades.

"I bring terrible news." the psychopathic young man smirked cruelly, "Its seems that your dear mother met with a little accident at your home. And now no one will be able to find the little girl you were so proud of." Dora gasped, hair still its dark brown but with slight tints of angry red appearing as the death eater finished speaking, "That's right Nymphadora. Because of you all Hope is lost." He took a small step closer to her with every word, eyes dark and full of sadistic charm.

Dora wasn't sure where the knife came from, his belt perhaps, or maybe jacket pocket, but when she felt it; it didn't fail to hit its mark. His pale, sunken face contorted with pain and anger as the blade plunged into his stomach, blood trickling all down his sides. The deep red liquid spattered out onto his original victim's face as he died, coming up from his throat and lugs. He collapsed to his knees, clutching at his side before keeling over, dead. His killer was already off at a run, desperate to try and get home, but if the young man spoke true, it was already too late.

If he was right, her mother had been slaughtered and children either dead or kidnapped. She had lost everything; father, mentor, mother, husband and children. But they had been avenged, Matty lay dead upon the cold floor, not nearly as loved as Remus who lay but a few hundred metres away, body empty and cooling.