eighteen

I got that mmm, mmm

I got that goddamn

I'm yo pusha man

I'm yo, I'm yo-

I sat up and smashed my hand down on my phone to stop the alarm, thinking it was an actual clock.

"Damn it." I grumbled, turning it off the correct way. I honestly can't believe I didn't change that song .

"He really was my pusha man." I uttered, almost inaudibly. "But it's too earlier to be thinking about this." I told myself.

"I know right ? But an alarm West ? Word?" Kayla laughed softly, the alarm must've woke her up. I didn't mean for her to hear what I said.

"Hell yea, if you sleep, you can't ball." I told her. She nodded in agreement.

"How long you niggas ball?"

"All day nigga." I replied. Out of no where, I started laughing, like hysterically. Kayla gave me a weird ass look, but I let out a few more giggles before trying to make an excuse for the unknown.

"It's just too early for jokes bruh." I tried. She gave me a look that told me she wasn't buying it. If I could've given her a better explanation as to what was so funny, I would've.

"Just get ready, we got an hour and a half before we gotta leave." I told her.

"Mhm." She got up, and grabbed matching undies before getting in the shower. I got up to do the same, except for the matching of the underwear. I'm not the one to care much about how my undergarments match, especially if Im going to forget like 2 hours later.

I walked to the extra shower since Kayla was using mine, I stripped my night clothes off of me piece by piece, as I stripped the sleep off of me as well.
I was fully undressed when I turned on and adjusted the water.

"I really need to turn the water on before I take my clothes off." I chuckled to myself. I used my foot to move all of my dirty clothes to one pile then proceeded to step into the shower. As soon as I put one foot into the tub, the bathroom door opened.

Immediately, I put my whole body into the shower and tried to hide myself with, well, a shower cap.

Damn these glass shower doors.

Chancelor stepped in but froze. His eyes watched my face then very slowly traveled to every part of my naked body all the way down to my toes. He looked back up at my face.

"Sorry." He muttered and walked out, closing the door behind him. I gazed at the door, looking for his shadow, maybe a hint of re-acceptance.

Nothing.

I just reminisced and hoped for him once more.

I warmed the water, and after washing three times, I turned and let the stream of water just fall on my back. The water vapor, the steam that rose from the heat. It represented stress, feelings, life. I wanted it all taken away from me. Not to sound suicidal, because I'm not. But it is hard losing something, someone, you had no idea you loved until they couldn't handle you any longer.

That's even worse than losing someone you loved, because in this situation, you never really got to experience love with that person.

I turned back around and turned the water off. I shook each leg before stepping out the tub and onto the rug on the floor.

"50 minutes." I said aloud after glancing at the clock. I quickly dried myself off and pulled on the clean underwear I had chosen earlier. I wrapped the towel around me and went back to my room.

"Black halter crop top, light blue high waisted jeans, and black pumps it is."

•••

"Ladies , Ladies, Ladies. You're right on time. What are we doing today you might ask... Mm, well I'll tell you. Today, we are shooting our first magazine covers of the season. Now, I will not tell you what the magazine is just yet, but might I say, the theme isn't as explicit as we usually shoot."

There were a few 'aws' and sighs coming from the small crowd of models in regards to Charles' last statement.

"Hm, matter of fact," his eyes scanned the small group, he was looking for something, "ah, yes. India hither please." He smiled at me and motioned for me to come to him with his finger.

A few people turned and stared at me. I hesitated but quickly went forward. Charles hugged me and grabbed my shoulders. He turned me to a direction in which everyone could see me.

"This outfit is idea for the shoot. Something grown, not quite sexy. But cute." He said. A few ladies nodded and I gained smiles.

"To end my little speech, I'm going to inform you that my three best models, are going to start off this shoot. India is already up here," he paused and a few people clapped, "Kayla," he paused again, more applause, "and Dymond." He finished.

"She a pretty lil thang." I whispered to Kayla. She nodded and we both looked at her. Not to sound jealous or envious, but she was actually gorgeous . She had perfect bright skin, green eyes and she kept herself groomed. Nails, eyebrows, weave and all.

"Word, I heard about shawty, ain't never seen her though." Kayla whispered back.

Charles proceeded to dismiss everyone and shooed the three of us to the dressing room. I placed my MK purse down on my side of the dresser and that's when she spoke.

"Hey I'm Dymond. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you that you guys are absolutely flawless. Like seriously, I'd commit felony to look like you." Dymond said .

"Oh yea? Well you're beautiful just the way you are." I told her, accepting her opening complement.

"Yea and looking like India would be a downgrade." Kayla added. She started laughing and Dymond chuckled but quickly put on a slightly worried look.

"No no no, not at all... I ," she started, I cut her off before she embarrassed herself.

"Nah it's fine, Kayla just loves messing with me. And she's right, seriously stay yourself." I told her. She smiled and nodded.

"Aigh lets do this thang."

"KAYLA!" I yelled, "I am tired of your fucking outbursts. Okay? Honestly." I laughed at the way I put emphasis on the end of each word. They gazed at me, not sure how to take what I said. I turned away and laughed somemore.

That gave them the okay to join me.

•••

"Ohhhhkaaaaay now. India move slightly to the left, you know the camera makes extra space even extra-er." Our camera man exclaimed. I chuckled and did as told, he snapped a few before giving us a new order for position.

I love when we have this guy for a shoot, he's young, earlier twenties maybe, clear brown skin, and he's tall with a nice body. He's so cool and funny, he even makes up words to lighten the mood. Like 'extra-er' , what the fuck is that? Thing is, I don't even know his name.

"He's cute." Dymond whispered to me.

"Girl, I was just thinking bout him." I giggled, and whispered back.

"Keep ya eyes off my mans, you got Chano." Kayla said. I smacked her on her arm. Lightly of course but enough for her to feel it.

"Wait," Dymond chimed in, "Chano, like Chance the Rapper? You know him?" She asked.

"Um, got to go , got to go." I let out real fast. I started backing away from them, both of them in slight awe.

"Wait India." Kayla beckoned.

"No no." I continued to back away, as soon as I felt far enough I turned around. But as soon as I turned around, I tripped and fell right into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized, I looked up to see who it was.

It was the brownskin.

"It's aigh shawty, you good?" I stood in his arms, too afraid to answer. I was worried I'd say the wrong thing.

But his voice.