thirteen

Watching from the sidelines
wish that she had

dedicated to diggyxtrevor416 for all the love . ☺️💞
_______________________

"Hell should we do?" I asked . I guess it's fair to say that I panicked a little. I've never done this before , so I don't know how Chano will react once I tell him we didn't come home with his shoes.

"Some stores might still open, wanna check?" Kay asked . I was debating , I mean I honestly didn't want to go back, but on the other hand , Chano was good to me. Trying to get the shoes he wanted was the least I could do. I nodded in response to her.

We rushed to Foot Locker , closed.
Then we checked FootAction, closed.
Then there was Flight Club , the gate was pulled down right in our faces , Closed.

"I guess they're all closed." I told Kayla. She nodded.

"I'll just tell Chano we got side tracked." She nodded again .

"Aigh." She spoke , we started walking towards the car.

...

We walked to the porch with four bags each , Forever 21 , Against All Odds, H&M, and DSW.

"Here we go..." I said , nervously chuckling. I mean , it wasn't that big of a deal, or so I told my anxiousness.

"Yeaaaa. What do we tell him?" Kayla asked . She seemed to feel the same way I did , I'm not quite sure . Before I could answer , the front door opened.

"Tell who what?" Chano asked , standing in the door frame. He was dressed in a black and white elite socks , with matching Nike basketball shorts.

"Where's your shirt young man?" I asked him .

"Up your ass young lady. You got my shoes?" His responses are just ... great.

"Mm, not quite ." I hesitated . His playful facial expression changed to sort of serious.

"What you mean 'not quite'?" He asked .

"I mean , we don't have your shoes Chano."

"Why not?"

"We just got caught up , it slip my mind. Probably same for India." Kay suggested.

"Yea , and we're going back out tomorrow . I swear we won't forget again."

"Mkay." Chano mumbled. He moved aside so we could come in and closed the door behind us .

"Well that didn't go too bad." Kayla whispered to me as we walked to my room.

"It went worse than I thought . He just kinda let it go . It's never good for someone when Chano's quiet . He's disappointed." I explained to her , opening my room door .

"Oh . True. But I mean , is it that serious?" She asked me, placing her bags in the closet I let her use and sitting in her bean bag chair.

"I don't think it's about the shoes. I think it's because we didn't want to tell him why we forgot."

"Mm, makes sense. By the looks of it , you know Chano very well ."

I nodded .

"You guys would be cute ya know ."

I chuckled and shook my head.

"What funny ?" She asked.

"That's my bestfriend. I've known him for years now . Actually only 5 years."

"So?" She asked . This girl just doesn't get it .

"And plus I don't date. I'm too busy."

"Too busy doing what ?" She laughed , causing me to laugh with her .

"Being cute." I smirked . She chuckled at my response.

"Yea yea sure," she shook her head, "but for real , what do you do?" Kay asked. I sighed a little bit.

"I actually don't have a job . I live off the drops I make." I told her truthfully .

"Well I guess your pretty good at making drops," she said looking around my room, "what about Chano? Does he have a job?"

"I mean , he raps a little. Hence the name Chance The Rapper. But it's not profit , so it's more of a hobby I guess. He lives of selling too."

"Oh ohkay . You should model." She told me.

Where the hell is this coming from ?

"Naaah, I'm straight." I told her .

"Why not ? You have the body for it . And they pay good. You'd have so much extra money to blow."

"I guess so but like , that's not really me."

"Aigh well, think about it and give me an answer on Monday. There's an opening at my job."

"Aigh. I think Ima head to sleep though . I'm tired as hell."

"Mkay. Tomorrow you should check out my modeling place. I got a shoot tomorrow."

"Yea I'll see . Lemme go tell Chano we bout to K.O." I told her . She nodded .

•••

"Come in."

"Chano we bout to go to ..." My phone buzzed in my hand , causing me to pause my sentence and look down at it. I smiled a little bit . I locked it and looked back at Chano , who was looking curious.

"Um , we're bout to go to sleep."

"Mkay. Goodnight." He said .

I know he's mad , but damn .

"Um , aighh. Night." I hesitated. Noticing that that was all I was going to get out of him tonight , I headed towards the door. He stopped me.

"You know I'm not mad right?" He asked , "Come here." He motioned me in for a hug .

"I just feel bad cuz you never ..." I started . But my phone buzzed again in my hand . I looked down . Smiled .

"Anyway, I just feel bad cuz you never forget about me ya know?" I finished . I guess Chano could tell my mood changed , I couldn't stop smiling.

"It's whatever , but what's got you all cheesing and shit?"

I shook my head .

"Nothing."

"Lemme see , I wanna laugh too." He chuckled reaching for my phone , playfully of course. But I snatched it back.

"Ayo , what are you hiding ?" With that , he took my phone and unlocked it. "Oh. I see." His demeanor changed . "Is this what distracted you guys earlier ?"

I paused a second, then nodded .

"Chano look, I..." He cut me off before I could finish.

"It's fine. I can get them tomorrow myself , thanks though. Goodnight." He let me go , and grabbed his phone. I took that as my cue to leave .

•••

"YOU TOLD HIM?" Kayla raised her voice .

"No , he found out."

"How did he find out?"

"He saw a few messages from Jay." I explained. "It's better to tell Chano the truth anyway. And he said he'll get his sneakers himself tomorrow so we don't have to."

"Gosh, okay. Goodnight again." Kayla said to me .

"Night."

I unlocked my phone and went to iMessage.

To : Vonny 💛😽 ( 10:08 pm )

I'm back . 😋💛