Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Year of the 69th Hunger Games

The room was full of chaos and shouts. A distressed Camille sat on her bed with her head in her hands, mumbling nonsense over and over again. The tears had long stopped flowing but the pain remained after she let it out. Finnick paced the floor in front of her, wearing down the dark hardwood. He was cursing the President and yelling at him as if he were in the same room as them. Meanwhile, Camille's father yelled into the phone that had her mother on the other line. He was not happy to hear what had went down with Camille and Snow, and he made sure his wife knew how he felt.

The inevitable had finally happened. Camille knew at some point that she would be sent away, probably to keep her father more...submissive and subordinate. When he first got the shop in the Capitol for his mechanics and brilliant mind, he pleaded with Snow to allow his family to join him. He had refused, but when he heard of his youngest child, Camille, he allowed her to come along. But she was not allowed to escape the games; however, so every year she went back to District Five for the reaping. 

While Camille was lost to her thoughts, numerous Peacekeepers burst through her door and blocked all exits. One peacekeeper rushed to her room and began to throw her things into the suitcase that happened to lay right beside her bed. 

"Hey, hey!" Camille's father yelled as he tried to stop the men from packing his daughters things. Camille quickly stood up and rushed in front of her dad, who was locked in one of the guards arms.

"Snow said I had a couple days!" She shouted in confusion. The guard packing her things only cast her a glance before returning to his job. "The President has decided that you leave tonight. That way you'll be able to catch the Victor at your district." The guard finally finished packing her things and threw them to a guard by the door, who took it out the door. 

"You have until 8 pm to say goodbyes and finish packing." With that the guards left, though some of them remained outside the door.The door slammed shut and Camille felt herself freeze from the loud slamming sound. She realized she  only had about 45 minutes to say goodbye to her father and Finnick. 

Finnick, she wondered for a second. What would the Peacekeepers tell Snow of him being in her bedroom?

Finnick stood up and turned Camille around, pulling her into a tight hug. She sighed and returned the hug with an equal amount of strength and love. Camille pulled away and met the eyes of her dad, who rushed to hug her. She felt the tears begin to fall as she realized this may very well be the last time she would see them. 

Camille finally pulled away with a sad smile on her face and rushed to her closet to remove the remaining clothes and items that she would be taking with her. The faster she packed, the more time she would get to spend with her loved ones. She started packing all her clothing and personal belongings in one bag, and everything else in the other. With a final heave, Camille finished the last of her bags. The room was now bare, stripped of what made it a comfortable place. Everything was placed in the three bags that sat by the door, ready to be picked up at anytime. Finally done, she turned around slowly to face the two of the most important men in her life and ran to embrace them. 

The two young lovers embraced each other tightly, fearing they would never see the other again. The brunette grasped the victors neck tightly, holding on to it with a vice-like grip, her face squished into his shoulder. Meanwhile, the victor had his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. He struggled to whisper reassurances through the ball that formed in his throat. 

"Camille...sweetheart. We're going to get through this." His raspy voice whispered in her ear, his breath tickling her ears. The brunette nodded her head slowly as she embraced Finnick in a tight hug that said all the words she couldn't. They stayed in the embrace for several minutes. Suddenly, Finnick pulled Camille's chin up and crashed his red lips feverishly against hers. The kiss was sweet and slow, but needy and full of passion. The kiss made up for the lost time that was about to come. 

"I love you." The comment made Camille hold on to him harder, trying to remember his smell, his embrace, anything that would keep his memory fresh.

Behind them a peacekeeper suddenly cleared his throat, signaling for the goodbyes to hurry up

Behind them a peacekeeper suddenly cleared his throat, signaling for the goodbyes to hurry up. The couple pulled away from each other with hesitance and tears. Camille's dad opened his arms wide for her to run into, which she did with sobs finally bursting through her lips. He caressed her hair endearingly and held her close to him.  "I'm going to miss you. So much." 

Suddenly Camille was ripped away from her father by a peacekeeper. His grip on her arm tightened as she fought for him to release her. "Dad! Finnick!" She shouted desperately in hopes that they would let her go. The man dressed in white only pulled her father while another grabbed her things and the last two restrained Finnick and her father from following her. It wasn't until they reached the elevator to her apartment building that she ceased crying out. She knew she probably wouldn't see them for a while.  

The men led her out into a a sleek black car that would take her to the station. They shoved her into the vehicle roughly, and slammed the doors quickly before signaling the drive to go. It took about 20 minutes to reach the station that was in the center of the Capitol. When they did, the station was deserted. Besides the Victors and Tributes, rarely did someone come or leave the Capitol.

Camille stepped out of the car and found herself standing on the edge of the platform. It was like any other time she went back to her District, except this time, she wasn't coming back. Camille welcomed the sound of the train hitting the railings as she felt the breeze blow her locks backward. The moment she stepped on the train, she knew things would never be the same.

***

shorttttttttttt like me

WOAH NEW UPDATE??? COOLIO

im terrible but im not feeling very gucci recently

im just gonna write a shit ton of chapters and post whenever i get a chance