Chapter 7

Jennifer's POV

I was woken up from the little sleep I was able to have by the alarm clock. I went to the small bathroom in my room to shower.
After my shower, I wrapped my towel around me and my hair. I brushed my teeth then looked at myself in the mirror.

My eyes had dark circles underneath and my complexion was pale. I remembered why I cried last night.

The pain

The betrayal

I felt betrayed because my mate couldn't stay away from Ashley. I felt a lot of pain because of the kiss with Ashley.

I didn't know I was crying until I felt the wetness on my cheek.

No. I angrily cleaned the tears. I won't cry over him again.

I went to my closet and decided to wear a grey top and cream jeans. I let my hair fall over my face a little so as to hide my eyes.

I went to Mia's room to clean it. I knocked on the door. And it opened. Mia was standing at the door and she looked excited.
She dragged me into the room.

"So, how has my brother been treating you?" She asked as she sat me down on her bed.

"Fine" I mumbled. Her expression changed to concern when she noticed that I wasn't happy.

"What wrong?"

"Nothing" I said.

"Don't lie to me, how can you say nothing is wrong yet you're not happy?"

"Mia, nothing much happened"

"But something happened. What is it?"

When Mia wanted to know something you simply tell her or else she won't leave you alone. She's persistent that way. So I told her everything that had happened.

"I can't believe Jayden would do something like that he is your mate he's meant to stand up for you. My brother is a jerk"

"Don't bother yourself about it. I'm okay" I turned to face her and seeing her angry on my behalf, I couldn't stop the tears.

"No, no, no, don't cry. Infact we must go to Troy's party tonight to get your mind off things. Don't even try telling me that you can't come because I know you are not busy tonight." She gave me a meaningful glare.

It's both a curse and a blessing to have someone who knows you well.
"Fine" I reluctantly agreed.

"You did not have a choice, I was going to even drag you there even if you refused."

"Then why did you ask me since you not giving me a choice."

She shrugged nonchalantly. "I wanted you to feel like your opinion matters even though it doesn't. Now by 5pm you must be here so I'll pick your outfit, do your makeup and get you ready."

"Can't I at least pick my outfit?"

"No, because you'll just wear a faded jeans and a plain shirt."

I shaked my head in disapproval before I stood up to start with my job for the day.

****************************************************************

The party was in full swing by the time we arrived around 8pm.
After spending half an hour to pick an outfit for me, Mia settled for a light pink knee length high-low gown with a sweetheart neckline. She gave me a black heels to wear and a black jacket.

Mia was adorned in a sleeveless blue gown which had a low back and a light green sparkly belt at the waist. She had on a light green pumps to match. She left me to go and get drinks.

Bodies were everywhere. From the living room to the kitchen, the hall, the game room, the bedroom which I had unfortunately discovered by accident.

I felt as if someone was watching me and I turned to see Jayden there.

"Hey, Jennifer, let play spin the bottle." Mia came up to me pushing a drink into my hands. I diverted my attention from him to look suspiciously at the content of the cup.

"It's just water" she assured me. I nodded taking a sip out of it. "Come on let's go" she turned and left. I followed her behind still aware that Jayden was watching me.

We sat in a circle and the game begun.

My mind wasn't even in the game. I was still watching Jayden out of the corner of my eye. He wore a tight red shirt and blue jeans. His hair was messy.

I felt a nudge at my side which brought me back to the game as I realised I had been admiring my mate.

"The bottle stopped at you so Dylan has to kiss you." Mia whispered.

"What?" I said a little to loud.

"Dylan has to ki-" she started but I interrupted her.

"Yeah, I know I heard you the first time. I'm not sure if I can do it because Jayden is here"

"He is?"
I nodded.

"Well, still do it serves him right for being a jerk. Besides a little jealousy will be good for his soul"

"Don't do it" Rose said

"Why not? This is nothing compared to the pain he has put me through besides its just a game. How jealous can he get?"

I nodded to Dylan who looked scared a little because he knew Jayden wouldn't be happy. But from where Jayden is he couldn't hear us even with his supernatural hearing because the living room was huge and the music in the background.

Dylan came to me and was about to kiss me when he was roughly pulled away by a fuming Jayden.

"Don't touch my mate" he growled about to punch Dylan but I touched him and he froze calming down a little.

"It was just a game"

"It wasn't just a game, he was going to- you know what never mind you are coming with me"

Before I had time to process what he was going to do, I was on his shoulder upside down. I pounded on his back telling him to put me down but he just ignored me and held me tightly as he walked away.

A/N: Thanks so much for a thousand reads. I was so happy when I saw it. It made me to update faster than I planned to.

Please vote and comment. Thanks once again.

Till next time....