Prologue

Hyrule once was a symbol of peace and hope, but the Gerudo looked upon the land with great envy. They grew tired of the hot winds and blistering sands of the dessert. Koume the witch of fire, and Kotake the witch of ice, waged war with the Hylian King. Just as it seemed that the Hylian armies stood a chance, the two witches fused together into the powerful Twinrova. They scorched and froze the land, destroying everything in their path. The Hylian King looked out upon the devastation and suffering. With a heavy heart he ordered his armies to retreat. He begged Twinrova to spare his people and kingdom. Twinrova's eyes fell upon the Queen, who stood next to her husband. They sensed that she was pregnant, though it did not show, and it was a girl. They thought about this and named their terms. They would spare Hyrule if they handed over the kingdom to the Gerudo. As a sign of their loyalty to the Gerudo, they were to betroth their unborn child to the boy king of the Gerudo, Ganondorf. With a great sadness, he agreed to the terms. It was agreed that on the child's 16th birthday, they would wed and the Crown of Hyrule would be passed to Ganondorf.

As they slowly made their way back to the castle, the Hylian King spotted the ruins of of a temple in the distance. A tear ran down his cheek. Why did he not come? Where was the hero clad in green? Little did he know that the Hero was already in Hyrule. Not as a warrior clad in green, but as a small toddler, playing with a wooden toy sword.