Chapter 12: Final Challenge?

I DO NOT OWN SVTFoE, GRAVITY FALLS, WillowFallsDiaries (Stella) OR MariposaFalls11 (Avery)

(MARCO'S POV)

It was morning in cells. Everyone was in the common room except two. Zach and Avery. Me and Star were talking to Dipper and Stella about what happened at the challenges. Star was acting really excited. "They were just staring, kind of like Marco and I used to do before we were dating."

Dipper looked up from his book at Stella. "And now they are not in the common room at midday. Something has to be up."

Stella looked back at Dipper. "We should give them some space."

"Yeah, we should," I agreed. "I remember how awkward it was for me when I first realised I loved Star."

Dipper looked confused. "But from what you described, it sounded like they were a couple of seconds away from kissing, so what I want to know is, why did they stop?"

Star looked guilty. "Because I sorta only noticed after it was to late."

I game her a cold glare. "What do you mean by that?"

She looked at me. "Well, don't yell, it was an accident. But, I sorta ran up to them and only noticed what was happening after I had ruined the moment." She looked like she was about to cry.

I sighed. "Its okay Star, just, be a bit more aware next time."

She sniffed and looked up at me with her puppy dog eyes. I don't know why bit I find it cute when she sniffles like that. I felt the urge to kiss her. That's when I realised Avery was in the room. I turned and saw Avery and Zach had walked in. They were holding hands. Then, the awful sounding speaker started up again. "All competitors are to report to the arena for the final challenge."

Avery jumped and her and Zach's hand disconnected. Zach cursed the speaker before walking back to his cell. Avery chased after him. Star looked at me. "Yep, they're together."

I considered it, then shook my head. "No, they're not Dating. The lack of passion and love made that the kind holding hands that is done to reassure a friend."

"That's sad. I really thought that they were gonna be together."

We made our way to the arena and stood on our spots. A giant horn sounded and the challenge began. It was a mix of all the previous challenges. First, the floor fell away until only a few large platforms surrounded by lava remain. Then a door on the other side of the arena opened, and out walked a squideralloctapus, a ginger turd troll, an ogre, two crocodiles and a manator. We nodded to each other, we knew what to do. I grabbed my ring, Star grabbed her amulet, Zach grabbed his black belt, Stella grabbed her bracelet, Mabel grabbed her earring and Dipper grabbed his book. We all gently ascended and started to speak in time with each other. When we were done down floated an octopus, a doe, a dragon, a tiger, a lion and Star, who now had six arms, wings and was purple. I started to bark orders. "Avery, get on Zach's back and take the battle to the sky." Avery got on the dragon's back and they flew into the air. "Dipper, summon Bill and see what he can do for us, then attack from the ground with Mabel." The lion nodded, said a few words, and a yellow triangle appeared. The lion pointed and all three of them ran towards the monsters. "Stella, use your agile structure to hop around the platforms, try to lure a few monsters into the lava." The doe galloped off. "Star, can you cast a fire protection spell on me, them help Zach and Avery." Star nodded, waved her wand. I then turned blue. Star the flew up into the sky as I dived into the lava. I resurfaced to see the monsters being scorched, stuck, scratched, bit and lured. I did my bit by nocking and pulling monsters into the lava. The monsters were tough, but we were tougher. After hours of extreme fighting, we were just down to the squideralloctapus.

Star looked worried. "It just won't go down."

Avery and Zach nodded at each other. Zach used his wing to catapult Avery above the monster. Then, she plummeted leaving a giant foot shaped indent in the monsters head. As the monster toppled, a shiny yellow sphere rolled out of its mouth. "The time wish," Avery yelled. It was rolling towards the lava. Everyone tried to grab it, it was to slippery. It was about to roll into the lava. Then a small fwip was heard and Star had it in her hands. Everyone cheered as we all changed back and the arena reset itself. When we all were on solid ground, Star tossed the wish to Avery. "You make your mom better, but first." She turned to face her mother, queen Butterfly. "You are the one who challenged us, and as we have in our possession, a time wish, we get to decide your fate." Queen Butterfly braced. "I decide that as your fate, you have to bless my relationship with Marco, and never try to ruin it again." As she said that, a small powder rained over us. The next thing we new was that we were in the mystery shack garden.