Part 2

"Can we talk later, the model is here and I am trying to pretend that I have moved on. I am wearing my banded on my right hand, the picture of you and meat our wedding in Hawaii that is normally in my bedroom table is in the closet. Then I felt since we were seen together for a year now it was time to make her smile and say 'I love you.' She is in the next room waiting," Zac said quietly so no body but you could hear.

"I need to talk to you so phone me back as soon as she has left," you said almost not able to get through your words without sniffling and tears streaming down your face.

"Vanessa, what's the matter?" he said imagining your sad teary face laying on top of  the covers of your bed just like you did every time your heart broke.

"I got a phone call from my mom today," you said once taking a deep breathe.

"I am sorry, how are you?"

"I feel like you are the only one I can talk to. Austin lost his mom a year a go but you truly knew my dad and when we talk it always makes me feel better. You are my best friend and right now I need you," you said wipe your eyes with you sleeve.

"As soon as she is gone I will sneak over to see you, you need your husband," he said making you laugh a bit and feel as if there was hope with your best friend coming to help comfort.

"I love you, Vanessa! I will see you as soon as I can," Zac said before hanging up the phone.

It only toke an hour before Zac had his warm, strong, comforting arms around you and  his black hoody was dripping wet.

"Vanessa I will stay here as long as you need me; I am not going anywhere," he said as there was a knock at the door. All you wanted to do was drain the sound out but Zac said. "I will stay here, you go get the door, it is probably your family or Ashley more than likely already knows. Even if it is Austin go down and be with him, he believes he is the only man in your life now. Just know that I am here," Zac said kissing you before slowly moving down the stairs.