Chapter 8: Old Days and Regrets

Start from the beginning

Silence.

Again.

He was once again met by silence. He took a deep breath, having decided of waiting moments later; his hands crept to the door knob. He twisted it slightly, opening just a crack when it slammed back again almost by invisible force.

He kicked the knob of the door open, and it gave into Blaze's will and opened. The only light providing the living room are the two lamps beside the 55" inch flat screen tv and the remaining sunlight filtering from the window.

It has been a long time since he's been inside the house and, by the Moon Goddess, it has changed. The house was supposed to be fit for a family of three, but it's bigger than that. The size changed inside. It was half--probably more than-- the size of the pack house's living room.

"How in the hell did this happen?" He muttered to himself. Blaze walked around the place, looking at the pictures. Wondering with sadness, just how many times Nolan had sat in this room crying. Alone. When all of a sudden, he heard a loud thump and sudden footsteps going down the stairs. Blaze straightened, setting himself into a professional mode.

Coming from down the stairs is a smiling, flustered, covered in paint Nolan that took Blaze by surprise. It's been a while since he'd seen that, but as soon as that thought pass by Blaze shook it away upon seeing the waning smile on Nolan's face.

"Blaze, what may I help you with? What brings you here?" Nolan questioned, licking his lips anxiously. He was too busy messing around with Lucille that he never heard him come in.

"I--Uh--" Blaze stammered before swallowing it and regaining his composure. "I've never seen this place so big," He commented instead.

Nolan looked around as if he's just realizing it. "Oh yeah," he muttered, "I've....redecorated long ago."

Blaze looked at Nolan sceptically, "Who are you with? I've never seen you that way......"

"So I'm not allowed to enjoy things and be happy?" Nolan snapped, raising his eyebrow. He was hoping that Lucille doesn't make any noise upstairs. Blaze is a soon to be Alpha and has more heightened senses, he could hear even a single footstep.

"No. I was wondering."

"It's none of your business, Blaze," Nolan said dryly. "What do you want? "

"I came here to ask if you know anything about the event of last night. The blue comet and the red sky."

Nolan rolled his eyes, sighing in exasperation "Just because I miss one day of school because I was sick doesn't mean I'm in any sort of way included into such thing. Yes, I saw it but I didn't approach it. What I do and don't do is none of the pack's business. That was established long ago." Nolan huffed, keeping his posture and entire being calm not even as a single erratic heart beating. Normal and steady if he has to keep up the lie. "If I wanted to take over the world, I would've done so by now besides why would I do that? The Earth may be pretty but not on the inside. Goodnight, Blaze. Nice chatting." He led the future Alpha out the door.

Just as Blaze was out the door, a loud thump sounded. Both men froze, "What was that?" The future alpha questioned.

Nolan forced himself to remain calm, gritting his teeth, "That's my pet. If you'll excuse me, I have to see if she's alright." And the door slammed shut behind the Hybrid.

Blaze stood there, frowning as he heard the omega rushed footsteps go further and further.
~

"What the hell?" Nolan exclaimed, rushing to his room where the Princess is currently located. Her eyes trained to the tv screen with a remote control in her hand, long slender fingers frantically pushing buttons. She was on the edge of the couch, moving closer to the tv screen the more the intense game got. Determination set on her face.

She barely gave the hybrid a glance. "That was an Alpha's son," She told him.

"What in the world was that noise?"

Lucille's eyes lifted to meet his wide green eyes, and shrugged "That was....the remote." She moved her eyes toward the incinerated black remote.

"You fried the remote?" He questioned in disbelief.

"That was accidental. My fire tends to go out of control when being unused unless I control it myself."

"Well, next time try not to burn anything of my stuff."

She rolled her eyes, pausing the game "What did the Alpha's son want?"

Nolan sat beside her, slumping on the couch. "He wanted to know if I had anything to do with the commotion you caused last night."

"And you did."

"And I did but lying is the best way to go. If they decided you're a threat, they'd kill you."

"And it'll be a tremendous award if they do. Monsters and all sorts have tried to kill me and where am I now? Still here."

Silence fell upon them, both of them lost in their own thought when a thought flashed to Nolan. He turned to her, "How is it that he's never smelt you? I smelled you the first time; it was strong. Overwhelmingly strong. A mixture of things I can't describe but the prominent one was like smelling an angel and something dark. Real dark." stated Nolan. His eyebrows burrowing in concentration. "If your smell is strong, how is it that he never noticed?"

"As soon as I heard the door open, I could smell the power in his blood. It was strong but not enough to be an Alpha, it's easy to figure out that he's a son of the Alpha. When the door slammed shut, that was because of me too, I had enough time to hide my scent to match yours. Which is easy enough, since I'm in your room. I'm surrounded by it." Lucille's eyes clouded, "It won't last long. I need to start putting the barrier around your house, myself and you. Which, I need your help for that."

Nolan nodded, no complains, no objections and just said a simple question "When do we start?"