Intangible

Title: Intangible 
Fandom: Miraculous Ladybug

Pairing: Ladybug/Chatnoir, Adrien/Marionette 
Summary: His legs told him to fall, but his heart told him to stand.

Notes:  I've become Miraculous trash. I'm just writing this drabble in an attempt to fight back against all the feels.... it's not working. I REALLY WANT TO EXPAND THIS. 

Word Count: 393 (technically, it's still a drabble... just under 400 words...) 

Adrien shielded his eyes with his free hand as he leaned against the crowbar Marionette had found in her parent's toolbox. His eyes ached, and his legs whispered for him to fall down and never stand up again, but he couldn't do that. He had to get Plagg back from Hawk Moth, and she had to get her Tikki. To give up now would be a dishonor to his (annoying) friend; not only that, but Hawk Moth would take over Paris.

He might not have Chat Noir's mask anymore. He wasn't able to pretend the consequences weren't going to happen; he was entirely Adrien Agreste. He wasn't brave anymore (his knees kept shaking), or cocky; he didn't have any superpowers to help him in a scrape. He was just Adrien, a sixteen year old kid who'd once been home schooled and had never talked to another kid until he convinced his father to let him go to a normal school.

Marionette's small hand suddenly flitted into his own, warming his cold fingers. He slowly looked at the girl who'd he once thought was shy and sweet, and strong and brave. He saw the fear he felt reflected back at him in her eyes. But he also saw the steely resolve that he had come to realized was both Ladybug and Marionette.

"Adrien, we're in this together." Her voice was rough, and a little hoarse, but her fingers tightened around his hand. "We're going to get them back, and we're going to stop Hawkmoth."

Her eyes hardened, and he thought back to that day when she'd revealed her identity to save him barely two months ago. It was funny how much his reality, everything he knew, could change in the space of such little time.

He squeezed her hand, and tried to summon Chat Noir's smile. I know, he thought. But they didn't need those words amongst themselves. They were always left unsaid, but understood. "After you, my Lady?"

She rolled her eyes and bumped his shoulder, but her smile told him that she appreciated it.

Together, they walked through the silent streets of Paris. His legs didn't stop telling him to fall, but when he thought of Plagg, and how he was being used as a tool to bring about Paris' fall, his heart whispered at him to stand, stand, stand,stand STAND.