"Yes, ma'am,"

I started walking to the office.

I thought, someone else must have disappeared. That makes four in one week. More than ever.

The door to his office slid open.

"Thank you for coming Rossi. Another person has disappeared. This time it was on the same ship as the one before,"

I didn't speak. No talking to the General without his permission.

"I need someone to go out to that ship. I need you to go out there,"

"But, sir, I am a high ranking officer. It makes no sense,"

"Don't worry, you won't be alone. You'll be with Oliver Johnson, since you two are so close,"

It must have been punishment. He didn't like that I was with Oliver so often.

"But, sir-"

"That is final. Go pack your bags up. You leave in 48 hours,"

I turned around and started to walk out.

"Oh. And go tell Oliver the news."

The door slid shut behind me.

I said a few choice words once I knew he couldn't hear.

Why would he send me? I help him all the time and I am one of the highest ranking officer.

I walked to my room. Nothing to do but pack. I sat on my bed. I took out the tablet and tapped dial.

"Isabella! I'm so glad you called. It is right before the Choosing ceremony! Sophia your sister is calling!" My mom said.

"Hey Izzie! How do I look?"

She had her hair up in a bun. She had a beautiful navy blue dress on that complemented her well.

"You look wonderful."

"If I get picked for the Nebula program like you I'm going to request your post! Your in orbit around Mars, right?"

"I actually called to tell you guys that I'm being sent to another post. Somewhere far away. This may be the last time I can call in awhile."

"Oh. Where are they sending you?"

"To a spacecraft orbiting the planet Minerva,"

"Can you call us when you get there?"

"I will. Good luck. Also, don't request the Minerva post. Request the Earth one. It is close and you can visit Mom."

"OK. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Hey can you put great grandma on?"

"You didn't hear the news? Great grandma died."

"Oh. Bye Sophia. Bye Mom."

"Bye," my mom yelled from the other room.

"Bye, Izzie."

The video chat ended. A message popped up. "Dial again?". I almost hit yes. I tapped on the no button. I sat my tablet down and looked around my room. It had a desk and a bed. A bathroom was through one of the doors. On my desk, there were two pictures. One with my mom, me, Sophia, and Great Grandma. We were all smiling. It was my 17th birthday. The other picture was Oliver and I laughing as we ate cake during my birthday party. He had a big glob of cake in his hair. He was such a dork.