"That is the third this week, Rossi,"

"I am very well aware, sir. We don't know why this is happening,"

"Well then, go figure it out,"

"Right away, sir,"

As I started to walk out, he said, "Find out what is happening quickly. We can't lose anymore people,"

"Yes, sir,"

I shut the door behind me. I walked down the long corridor. I looked out the window. The stars were twinkling, as usual. I walked more.

I heard a ruckus coming from some of the cabins. I kept on walking.

I thought to myself, what is going on with these disappearances? Three this week?

Walking down the hallways helped me think. Maybe it was the view, or how little people come down these hallways.

Mysterious disappearances. No sign of struggle in any places of the ship. No bodies, I thought.

I try not to go to destinations when I walk down these corridors. I find a new place every week. It keeps my post from getting boring. I found myself in front of a familiar doorway. I knocked.

"Come in,"

The door slid open. I walked in.

"Lieutenant!"

The door slid close.

"What did I do wrong? Am I on toilet duty again?"

I laughed.

"Johnson, Why is it every time I visit, you think you are in trouble?"

"Because you are a higher rank than me, ma'am,"

"Well can't a friend drop in unexpected?" I replied.

"I suppose so ma'am."

"No need for formalities."

"I'm sorry, Isabella,"

"No problem, Oliver,"

He was so jumpy. Even when we were kids he was always skittish.

"Remember when you weren't afraid of me?" I asked.

"No."

I giggled.

"Well I remember. You never asked me if you were on 'toilet duty' when we saw each other,"

"Yeah, well your best friend is not a higher rank than you and can put you on toilet duty,"

"That was one time! Besides, the toilets needed to be cleaned anyways,"

"But they stunk badly! Do you even realize how horrific it is?"

"Despite what you think, I was once not a Lieutenant,"

"But did you have to clean the toilets?"

"Of course I did. You know me. I never liked to follow orders."

"Then how did you get up to such a high rank?" He inquired.

"If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, no, pervert. I was here longer than you,"

"There was no way I was thinking that. I was just wondering,"

I looked around. I remembered when I used to have to share a room with other people.

"How are you holding up with sharing a room?"

"It's fine. This one guy snores and talks in his sleep, but otherwise, it is OK,"