Chapter 2

~Devin's POV~

"Kat's been really jumpy the past few days." Chris sighed.

"She keeps having a nightmare about me and you killing everybody. Then you grab her and hold her so she can't get away and I go to hurt her and that's when she wakes up." I sighed.

Chris leaned against the wall, "You know what, it's your birthday. I'm making you go run errands with me."

I looked at him, "I have shit to do."

Kat walked downstairs and hugged me, "Just go with him. I'll be ok."

"Kat are you ready to start with the-" Vinny seen me and stopped talking.

I looked at Kat, "Start the what?"

"You'll see later dad. Just go with Chris. It's your birthday. You need to relax." Kat pushed me towards the door.

"Alright fine." I kissed the top of her head and walked outside.

~Kat's POV~

"We need until about 6, It's about 1 now. Can you keep him busy that long?" I asked Chris.

He nodded, "Yeah. Call me when you guys are done." He walked outside and him and Dad left.

"Vinny! Start blowing up balloons. Ricky, there's yarn by the couch, use the purple one to tie them together." I smiled, "Ryan can you call Andy and Ronnie and see if they're coming still?"

Ryan nodded and Vinny and Ricky started with the balloons. I went to the kitchen and got all the stuff out for the cake.

* * * *

"Where are you guys?" I asked Chris over the phone, "Alright. Andy, Juliet, Jake, CC, Ronnie, and Derek are here. Ok. Bye." I hung up.

Juliet smiled, "It's so sweet of you to do this for Devin."

"I wasn't going to let him have a shit birthday again." I sighed, "Anyways. They're almost here."

Everybody hid and I stood by the door waiting for them.

Devin opened the door, still talking to Chris, "You couldn't have let me spend my birthday with Kat you had to-"

I hugged him and everybody yelled surprise.

He hugged me back, "Is this why I had to go with Chris all day?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I wasn't going to let you have a boring a birthday."

Andy walked over with Ronnie and they started talking to dad.

"Me and Juliet made pizza for dinner and I made a cake." I smiled.

"Well I'm hungry. I'm going to eat." Devin smiled and went to the kitchen.

I stood by Andy and he looked down at me, "Please tell me you made a small cake you're going to smash on his face."

"You really have to ask? I thought you knew better than that." I rolled my eyes.

Everybody ate and we waited a bit for cake and ice cream. Once we decided it was a good time for cake, I put the small cake in front of Devin.

"I get my own cake?" He asked.

I nodded and we sung happy birthday. He blew out the candle and I grabbed the cake before he could and smashed it on his face then ran to the front room and hid behind the couch.

"You little shit." He ran after me and grabbed me then wiped some of the cake off his face and onto mine.

I giggled, "I love you dad." I went back to the kitchen and grabbed the actual cake from the fridge.

We all had some cake and ice cream and celebrated and all had fun together for the first time in a while.

* * * * * * * * *

I woke up the next morning and realized Devin was asleep on the floor in my room, "Dad?" I poked him with my foot and he woke up, "Why are you asleep in my room?"

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, "Andy and Juliet were both to drunk to drive home so I let them stay in my room and you were already asleep so I just layed on the floor."

"Oh. Ok." I pulled my blanket around me more.

"Thank you for a wonderful birthday yesterday." He kissed my forehead and I quickly fell back asleep.