Nathaniel Ploskonka - Three Great Fishing Spots Near Cleveland, Ohio

Nathaniel Ploskonka is a professional in the real estate industry in Northeast Ohio. He previously worked for Cresco Real Estate in Independence, Ohio and has been living in Ohio since his college days at John Carroll University and Baldwin Wallace University. He enjoys fishing in the area, especially with family. Here are three great spots to go fishing in nearby Cleveland.

The Chagrin River is just east of Cleveland and has plenty of areas along its shores for fishers to catch a variety of species of fish. Steelhead trout is the most common fish found in the Chagrin River, but catfish, smallmouth bass, and carp are also commonly caught. The Chagrin River does run close to the city. However, it still provides a scenic fishing area.

The Cuyahoga River has recovered very well since catching on fire in the past. The fire destroyed much of the fishing areas, but the vegetation has since regrown and it now a viable place to fish again. Steelhead trout, like the Chagrin River, are the most common fish found along the Cuyahoga River, but there are plenty of other species to be caught as well.

Rocky River runs through the Cleveland Metro Parks Emerald Necklace and is one of the most popular fishing spots for local fishers. There is a certain natural beauty about the Rocky River that keeps local anglers coming back every year. Even if no fish are caught, this is still one of the most enjoyable places to fish near Cleveland.

Nathaniel Ploskonka is originally from Kentucky but moved to the Cleveland area for college and work. He enjoys fishing with his brothers.