"Okay, well now you guys know what to do...Get to it!!", Mr. Alan says with a flourish of his hands.  I turn around again to face Josh.  We both know what's going to happen but neither of us is willing to say it first.  We have a little stare-down and Josh starts to look rather uncomfortable. 

"Ok, ok, enough.  Katarina will you be my partner?", he says finally cracking.  I flash him what I like to think of as a wicked grin.

"Of course. I wil-", I'm suddenly cut off by the gorgeous Barbie doll I always wanted. Not.

"Joshy?", Jen says from behind me.  I look over a Josh and catch his eye. Joshy? I mouth.  And to my amazement, perfect little Ken looks embarrassed and just shrugs.

"Joshy...you promised me you'd be my partner ages ago!", Jen whined.  Josh just looks at me as if asking for help.  So I help.

"You know what Josh, if you promised her...then you should be her partner.  I mean, a promise is a promise right?", I said looking at Josh.

"Wow. You are capable of being civilized.", Jen said with a snark.  I don't even think she used civilized correctly.  "So, let's try this again.  Joshy...we're partners right?"

"Uhhhh...yeah. I guess we are.", Josh said while still looking at me.  I turned my head down, his gaze becoming to intense. Can't buy the Barbie without the Ken, huh?  As I think about how I never did like to play with dolls, I hear someone clear their throat behind me.  I turn around.

"I'm sorry Jen, do you need a cough drop?", I say, feigning concern.  Jen looks at me with a smile but her eyes are as cold as the arctic.

"No.  But me and Joshare partners.  So if you could please..."  She motions me to get out of my seat like I'm an unwanted rat.  As I get up, I reach into my bag for a Luden's cough drop.

"I wouldn't want you to cough on the frogs.", I say pleasantly, offering her the cough drop.

"No really.  You'll need it more than me.", she says without even trying to be polite.

Now it's my turn to shrug and as I get up and walk past the table, I stop in front of Josh and drop the cough drop in front of him.  "Give this to your girlfriend," I say making sure Jen could hear me, "wouldn't want her coughing with a scalpel."  As I walk away, I could feel Jen glaring into the back of my head.  This is the most satisfied I have ever felt in a long time.  I look around the classroom and see a guy without a partner next to him and walk over, hoping he doesn't.  "Hi.", I say with a polite smile.  He looks up at me with confusion on his face.

"Hey."

"Yeah, so I was wondering if maybe we could be...partners?", I say timidly.

He smiles a cute smile and chuckles.  "Of course.  Except, I just thought...you and..."

"Me and who?", I ask.

"You and Josh had like...a...you know. Like a thing.", he says.

"Me....and...Josh?", I say, incredulous.  I turn around to see Josh with a scalpel in hand and Jen looking like she may barf.  Ha.

"No. No thing.", I answer with a chuckle.

"Oh.  Too bad...I thought he likes you.  Well, I'm Charlie.", says Charlie

 "And I'm Katarina.", Katarina says, I mean, I say.

"I guess I'll go get the frog then.  Be back in a sec."  Charlie gets up to find the unlucky amphibian we will be dissecting and I grab the packet we are supposed to fill out.  I write Katarina Greene and Charlie...wait.  What wasCharlie's last name?  As I see Charlie come out of the other room, I play a game with myself to see if I could guess his last name.  Smith? Jones? Brown?  I smile at the last one. Haha. Brown. 

Suddenly, I smell a faint horrid smell.  "Hm, not as bad as I expected.", I say to Charlie who has come back with the most obese frog I have ever seen.  "So hey," I say to Charlie while still ogling the humongo frog, "what's your last name?"

"Yambone," he says simply.

I feel my jaw drop at least ten feet.

"Yambone?!?! Wait...so you're...", I say a little too loudly seeing the people around me glance at the crazy new girl.

"Josh's brother? Yeah.", he says with amusement playing in his eyes.  I'm still pretty speechless.  Josh...and Charlie.  Brothers? It seemed so...unlikely. I mean Josh, Josh was JOSH.  And Charlie..I watched as he lined up all the tools. He seemed so...different.  He had the same murky blue eyes but he had brown hair instead of black and was considerably shorter than Josh.  He also looked incredibly dorky.  But in a completely adorable way.  Actually, he's the cutest nerd I've ever seen.

"Katarina?You still there?"

"Yeah...yeah. Sorry. I uh...So what do we first?", I say trying to change the subject.

" We have to cut through the skin and pin down the flaps.", he says while handing me the scissors.  It's silent for a while as I carefully cut through the skin.

"I know it seems weird...", Charlie says, breaking the silence.

"No. I actually kinda like it.  And it doesn't smell too bad.", I say while still cutting through the skin.

"No, no, no, no," he says with a laugh, "I know it must be weird to think me and Josh are brothers."

"Well, I'm not going to lie.  It's a little unexpected.", I said my cheeks going red.

"Yeah, a lot of people don't believe it....because Josh is so...you know," he said seeming like he wished he had never said it, "well, anyways, now you have to..."

Twenty minutes later and our frog is completely destroyed.  All the essential organs neatly beside the frog's empty carcass.  While dissecting the frog, I couldn't stop thinking about the relationship between Josh and Charlie.  Still deep in thought, I got up with the tray of dissected frog and a cup of frog juice, one in each hand.  What was with Charlie...it was as if he thought he was no good compared to Josh...and what was with Josh? Letting him feel that...suddenly I trip on a leg that snaked its ways in front of me...

"WHOA!!!", I scream out as I feel myself pitching face forward.  The tray of frog organs and the cup of juice pitch out of my hands.  And I think I hear the disgusted cry of one certain Barbie doll as I blacked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for reading:D

And don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE, and maybe even fan...if you want of course.  And I really do appreciate any kind of feedback:) thanks again!!!