Chapter 1

Sophia's POV

I feel the heat of the Arizona sun beating down on my neck as I wait by the car with my mom's new husband Phil. I watch as my twin sister Bella hugs our mom again. "Come on guys, I love you both, but we have a plane to catch," Phil says as he stands next to me by the car.

We soon arrive at the airport.

We get out of the car and walk inside the airport. "Do you both have everything?" Mom questions Bella and me, watching as we shake our heads yes. "Yes, mom," Bella and I say simultaneously making mom and Phil chuckle.

"I will never understand how you guys do that," Mom says, jerking our bodies into a group hug. I sigh in contentment, relishing the last hug we will receive from her in a while. We pull away. My mom smiles at us. I sigh, seeing mom's lip wobbling, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

I feel my eyes start to well up. "Mom doesn't cry, you're going to make me cry," I say wiping underneath my eyes at the un-shed tears in my eyes. "Flight 217 from Arizona to Forks, Washington is now boarding," I hear a voice say over the intercom.

"Mom, we have to go," Bella says gently, as we pick up the handles to our suitcases. "Okay, well I love you," She says as she pulls us in for one last hug.

"Love you too mom," We say as we start walking away.

"By Phil," I stop to wave at him. "See you guys soon," He waves back before we're off.

Bella and I have just gotten off of the plane and got our luggage. We stand around, trying to spot Charlie, our dad. "Bella, Soph," I hear a gruff voice yell our names making me turn around. "Daddy!" I yell as I finally spot him in his police uniform, dropping my suitcase and running to him, jumping into his awaiting arms. "I missed you," I mumble into his shoulder, taking in the smell of his forest scent.

I let go of him, walking over to get my suitcase and an awkward-looking Bella. "Hiya Bells," He greets her. They stand there, not doing or saying anything. "Okay, let's go before this gets any more awkward," I laugh, our dad leading the way to I'm assuming his cruiser.

Dad takes Bella and I's suitcase, putting them in the trunk. I get in the back seat, making Bella take the passenger. I watch her face scrunch up in displeasure and awkwardness making me let out a quiet laugh.

We start driving to dad's house, better known as our new home for a while. We pass the 'Welcome to Forks' sign. 'This will take a while I think to myself, pulling out my iPhone, I start playing 'Soda Crush'. "Your hair's longer," I hear dad say to Bella. "Well, I've cut it since the last time I saw you," she comments awkwardly playing with a strand of her hair.

"Oh," Dad says quietly, making me laugh at their awkwardness. I feel the car come to a stop, looking up I see us parked in front of the familiar white house that I grew up in and use to visit every summer after mom and dad's divorce.

It's been years since we were here last.

We all get out of the car and walk to the trunk to get all of our things before walking into the house. We walk up the stairs, Bella going to her room, while I head to mine. "I uh cleared some shelves off in the bathroom," I hear dad say from the hallway. 'Oh right, one bathroom' I think as I set my stuff on my bed.

I look around the familiar room, seeing a lot of my stuff from when I was a kid. "Do you like it?"I hear dad's gruff voice ask from the doorway. I look around at the light blue-colored walls. "I love it, thank you, daddy," I tell him, walking up and wrapping my arms around his stomach.