Going Home

Chris' POV

Another day passed and Jake is very nervous on everything. I dont know what it is. When he cooked the noodles for me, he wants me to take a bath and get dress on my sleeping clothes and he just stared at me while I am snoring and hugging him.

Yesterday he was out early again and I think he went to the Council and went here very late. I asked him what he is doing but he dont answer me. I can see him smoke cigarettes in his room where he always hang out at the window. His eyes speaks for him, he is lonely, sad and something big is bugging him but I dont want to asked anymore.

I want to go to work today but he said I couldnt so I am just sitting here in this couch watching Supernatural.

Then suddenly...

KNOCK!KNOCK!KNOCK!

I dont want to open it. I am still afraid of being kidnapped again. Biut the person behind it shouted.

"Chris, are you home?" She said. I recognized her voice. She is our landlady, an old lady who stays on the first floor of our apartment, she has the trace of oldness on her hairs and she liked to put it up in a bun. I dont talk to much to her cause, I cant see her oftenly around. Just when I pay my rent.

"Yes, I am here." And I opened the door.

"Hello, I am here to give you this." And she handed me a white envelope with no name just my address.

"Thank you." I said.

"A lady came here to give you this. She said you should read it is very important." She added and walked away.

I close the door and open the envelope.

The letter reads....

Dear Chris,

I am really sorry for what I've done. I didnt protect you from your father. I really miss you Chris. But this isnt just an I Miss You letter. I want you to come to your father's burial this Tuesday. I want you to pay your respect on his last day on earth, even though the memories arent good enough to pay him a visit. I cant face you now but maybe when you come we can talk much more.
See you, and I love you son.

Lovingly,
Mom

He's dead. I dont know if I will be happy or sad about it.

Still I didnt have the chance to say goodbye to him.

I packed and get ready caused it will be six hour from the city. Our place is just a rural area where grass shines very green and dont have so much cars roaming around so its not that much polluted in there. We also have a barn where we kept the horses, cows and other animals. It was a great memory living there.

But my dad changes, he started to gamble and hurt my mom. He drinks, he smokes and even come home with another girl. I always see my mom crying at our porch, looking into nowhere maybe finding some comfort, waiting for a miracle.

I couldnt forget that night I left our house, when my dad punches my mom and all my mom can do is to cry. I was just a 13 years old boy, what can I do? I know where he hids his gun, I run for it, and point it to him. He just stands there still furious, my mom begging me to stop but I shakingly pointing the gun to him. I dont know whats into me. But when he started launch on me, my mom cried to run for my life. And of course, I run. When I saw back that he is not following me, I throw the gun, hoping no one will find it.

And as I run, I stop on a bus terminal and rode it to the city and that is where I met Steve, thanks to mom, I know how to bake a bread.

I finished packing up things and I heard another knocks.

"Im home!" Jake shouted.

I ran fast enough to open the door and there he was grinning like a child again but there is something in his eyes again.

"There is something I need to tell you." I said to him.

"What is it?"

"Im going home."

"But I thought this is your home. Are you kidding me again Chris?"

"No, no, thats no what I meant. I mean to my parents. My dad's dead and I need to be there until Tuesday to pay my respects." I said to him. I just need to keep the story behind to myself.

"If you go, Ill go. If its ok with you." He said smiling.

"Yes baby, I want you to come, I want you to see my mother."

And he began to packed to and we rode a bus and travelled to my hometown.

Six hours later....

"We are here, welcome to my birthplace." I said with matching waving of hands.

"Well, it seems nice and I very green place. Oh look, dark forest maybe something is hidden there." He said grinning.

"Oh silly, dont worry too much, we are here to have fun!"

Then both of us walked home, its a little bit in an uphill near the forest. But when I saw the house it is never changed. The last time I remember it, it is still the same. And I saw mom going out from the door carrying some plates and she looked at me.

Tears pour down from her face and run to me. I run to her also and when we reached each other, we hugged so tightly.

"Thought youd never come." My mom said sobbing.

"Oh mom, I miss you too." I said.

And she chuckled, then she releases her wrap around me and she cupped my face.

"You are still skinny but still you are my handsome boy."

"Thanks mom." I smiled and Jake coughed so that we know that he is here.

"Mom, this is Jake, Jake this is my mom."

"Good morning, Mrs..." he cuts and looked at me.

"Oh just call me Lisa." My mom said, still she is jolly as ever.

"He's with me in my apartment, he looks at me everything that I do."

Then my mom hugs him and said, "Thank you for everything, thank you for caring him."

"No worries Lisa."

The we all walked to our house.

Next Chapter: Revealed and Cured